3rd Trimester
Options

Transverse babies

My baby is transverse most of the time and it can be quite uncomfortable. I started going to a chiropractor for my hip and back pain and he actually got the baby to turn vertical for a day and it felt SO much better (plus my tummy looked bigger and narrower!)

I know the baby has many weeks still to turn, but I haven't seen people mention transverse babies much. Did you find they turned too, and did you find any techniques to get them to go vertical (at least for a bit) prior to 32 weeks??

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11

Re: Transverse babies

• Options

My Dr described my LO as "butt down" but he feels transverse (head on the right and feet on the left).  At my 30 week appt, she said it wasn't anything to worry about at that point.  He still hasn't "flipped" yet...

My friend who is due in 2 weeks had a breech baby until 2 weeks ago (which made her 36 weeks) and her LO flipped and is now head down. 

I wonder if I would feel better if my LO was head down too...

• Options

Before about 35 weeks, my baby was tranverse quite often.  I could feel her hiccuping on one side and her feet kicking on the other...  Now she's head down and has been for a couple of weeks.

My OB told me not to worry about position until about 36 weeks or so, she said that babies turn quite often on their own. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby was transverse until around 28 weeks.  I went to spinning babies.com and did the couch exercises and the frozen peas for about a week.  Not sure if that did it or not, but he has been head down since then. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! ?I will have to check out spinning babies. ?I'm not too worried about if he will turn eventually, but I would like to "encourage" him too, since it would be more comfortable. ?Sometimes I get so much pressure and pain in my lower belly and cervix, that it feels like constant BH contractions and it scares me a little. ?I was told it is just the position of the little guy. ?
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"