Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

It's going to be a long night

DS has a runny and stuffy nose. It is constantly running, but he also sounds stuffed up. What is coming out is clear. DH and I both have allergies. I asked the Dr. about this before and he said he is too young to develop allergies. Our 1st pedi (we switched and no longer go there) told us we could have DS tested for allergies at 6 months. So, I don't understand the conflicting info. I think I may have DH ask his allergy Dr. (he goes more than I do).

Anyway, DS has already been awake 3 times in the last 2 and 1/2 hours. The first 2 times he woke up screaming at the top of his lungs. He was touching his ear a few times today. However, he did that last time he had a running nose and when I took him to the Dr. he didn't have an ear infection (he didn't wake up screaming though). He doesn't have a fever...I keep checking every time he wakes. 

I guess if he is up all night long I am going to have to call the pedi b/c obviously it must be something more than a stuffy nose if he is waking up screaming.

Re: It's going to be a long night

• Options
    That sucks.  I hope you guys can find something that works so you can get some sleep.
  • Options

I already gave him tylenol, there isn't much else I can do I guess.

He doesn't have any teeth yet, so it could be teething too. I don't see any sign of teeth though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I know doctors are the experts, but how could one be "too young" to have allergies?  'Cause I'm tellin' ya, but kid (also 8 months) has got them! 

I gave DS a bit of Benadryl last week.  I know it's a "no-no" (or not recommended, they say) until they're one, but he needed it.  I used this dosing chart  from Dr. Sears's site.  For 17-21 lbs., they recommend 3/4 tsp.  He's 18 lbs. and I gave him about 1/2 tsp.  It worked wonders.

GL!

• Options
    I was told by my dr, that giving benedryl at this age is fine and won't harm him since he had allergies and she even agreed with that. He's so stuffy especially with all the pollen outside, it's crazy hard to get him to sleep. Good luck, the benedryl has been helping I think...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like an ear infection to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"