3rd Trimester
Options

Confession... Feel Free To Flame or Laugh

I was at K-Mart in the baby section and saw one of those things to listen to your baby's heartbeat with. It was only $20, so I bought it...

At 34+ weeks IDK what I was thinking to make such a purchase.Tongue Tied

Laugh Away...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Confession... Feel Free To Flame or Laugh

• Options
    LOL I admit to buying one at 22 weeks piece of sh*t did not work so I threw it away.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did it work? My SIL got me one with Roo and it never worked, even right up until the end. I rented a doppler with Gabe because I had a m/c before him and found it as early as 11/12 weeks so I know it wasn't just me being an idiot lol!
  • Options

LOL!

I bought one at like 13wks, it didn't work, so I returned it.

Is there really anyone who did not buy one?

• Options

imageNewLerma:
    Did it work? My SIL got me one with Roo and it never worked, even right up until the end. I rented a doppler with Gabe because I had a m/c before him and found it as early as 11/12 weeks so I know it wasn't just me being an idiot lol!

I can hear her kicking and what not, haven't heard the hb yet. I should just take it back and get something I need.

• Options
    I started to buy one at Baby Depot around 28 weeks. I had it in my hand and was up at the register waiting and I had this huge fear that I wouldn't find the heartbeat and I would freak thinking that something was wrong. I decided against purchasing it!
  • Options
    I have one of these my mom bought me for christmas.  I don't use it all the time, but I really do enjoy using it, even though now I can feel LO moving around...
  • Options
    I bought one with my last DS and it sucked! Take it back and buy some diapersBig Smile
  • Options
    I think I'm one of the few who haven't bought one. I agree with pp who said it would freak me out if I didn't hear the hb.?
  • Options
    Mine kind of sucks for listening, but works great the opposite way around. Put the headphones around your belly, and talk into the part that normally goes on it. LO can obviously hear you loud and clear and will start kicking away. =) DH talks to him with it sometimes, it's very sweet. =)
  • Options

imageJosh & Calendi:
    I think I'm one of the few who haven't bought one. I agree with pp who said it would freak me out if I didn't hear the hb.

This is exactly why I never bought one That's why I was suprised when it found its way into my cart!

• Options
    I got the HB on mine.  And you can hear the kicking... I couldn't get the HB until like 30 weeks and I don't get it every time, it just depends on his position. 
  • Options

I didn't buy one either, I didn't need another reason to worry in the beginning... but I don't flame you leah, I still look at them when I go in to the stores....

I just wish the 3d us were less expensive, I would have gotten one, and probably more then one if I could!

• Options

imagethequeeenbee:
    Mine kind of sucks for listening, but works great the opposite way around. Put the headphones around your belly, and talk into the part that normally goes on it. LO can obviously hear you loud and clear and will start kicking away. =) DH talks to him with it sometimes, it's very sweet. =)

Thats a good idea. Too bad I threw it away DH can just keep screaming at my stomach like he does every night "go to sleep jayden go to sleep" LOL

• Options
    Mine must be different than the one you girls have.  Mine came with an actual thing for "talking" to the baby.  I also got a thing to record the HB...
  • Options

eh, it's Kmart. ?Use it for a week and then return it for something you need:) ?

I got one online at 10 weeks and it was SO amazing. ?I lent it to a friend once my baby started kicking semi-regularly and now she is enjoying it.

?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Options

imagethequeeenbee:

We attach it to an ipod and do the same thing!  I love the talking into it though.

• Options
    Well, the only thing I can say is that I bought my at the Goodwill.  And alas, they don't take returns.
  • Options

I never got one either. I always heard horror stories about their unreliability and I am so paranoid/worried as it is, I didn't need another reason to freak myself out.

I'd walk around with that thing permanently strapped to me...haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"