3rd Trimester

Hospital bag?

When did you pack yours?  I am thinking it is still a bit early for me, but maybe I could start getting a list together.  Also, are you keeping your bag in the house or in your car (e.g. if you go into labor at work)?

TIA!

Re: Hospital bag?

• At 35 weeks. I made a list and put things in there little by little I have it here at home I dont work but it might be a good idea to keep it in your car if you do work.?
  • imagepbraty23:
    At 35 weeks. I made a list and put things in there little by little I have it here at home I dont work but it might be a good idea to keep it in your car if you do work.

This exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • sept14sept14 member

I started putting things together on the guest bed over a week ago.  Good thing, since we were in L&D triage on Wednesday and then they decided to keep me.  Most everything I needed/wanted was on the bed for my DH to pack.  Other stuff was toiletries, phone chargers, etc.--> things he could easily find and identify.

Even if you don't pack it, start organizing what you want before you need it.

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Here's my list: I began putting everything in one corner at week 30 and then packed at 35 weeks. I still have everything in the house because I don't want to keep it in our melting-hot car. Here's my list:

Things to Pack to the Hospital ____ Health insurance card ____Identification card ____ Change for vending machines ____ Camera, charger ____ Cell phone and charger ____ Laptop and Charger ____ Nightgown, Slippers, Socks, Few panties, Nursing Bra ____ Nursing pads ____ Clothes to wear home ____ Glasses ____ Toothbrush, toothpaste ____ Hair brush, bands and pins, bandanas ____ Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, pads, razor, mirror, chap stick, sponge, make up ____ Towel ____ Flip Flops ____ Snack for DH ? Monster Drink, cookies, energy bars, water, pepsi, hard candy, gum ____ Jammies for DH ____ Popular Science for DH ____ A notepad and a pen ____ Baby flannel receiving blanket ____ Warm baby blanket ____ Washcloths ____ Baby's going home outfit   DH's To Do List Before going to Hospital: ____ eat a hot, filling meal ____ call hospital that we are on the way ____ make sure carseat is in the car (we keep it in the house for now) ____ make yourself hot tea to take with you ____  make yourself a quick lunch to take with you (ex: tuna fish sandwich and yogurt) ____  put bag in the car   Put in the bag: ____  laptop / charger ____ cellphone / charger ____ camera / charger ____ insurance identicication card for June ____ hot tea and a meal  
  • I just started packing my hospital bag tonight!  I am keeping it in the house, but I don't drive to work so that is not an issue for me.
  • Mine is 1/2 packed.  Right now it's in the house but I think I'll throw it in the car when I go for my 36 week checkup/growth scan, just in case for some reason I get sent off to the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I probably will be doing mine in the last 3 weeks. That way I can be ready just incase of him coming early. I am just going to keep it in the house and in a closet. As soon as I am ready to go to the hospital we can just pull it out. If I go into labor someplace my FI could come home after and bring the bag.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just packed mine tonight.  The bag is at home in our bedroom because there are a few last minute things that need to be thrown in the bag, that I don't want to pack until last minute.  (Camera, IPod, laptop)  It's not really THAT early, I said I was going to pack mine at like 28 weeks and I just didn't get around to it until now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"