Infertility
Options

Way TMI - May gross u out - Progesterone suppository ?

This is soooo gross. I have never had to use it in the past. So, Today, I start this and shove it up in there... not exactly sure how far, but felt I put it in pretty deep. Now I am having nasty white discharge like it melted and is leaking out... UGHHH, this is so nasty. And now, I have to put in another one soon. I hate IF.... granted, rather this than shots for sure, but still.

Am I doing this right?!?!

Re: Way TMI - May gross u out - Progesterone suppository ?

• Options
    Yes, you're doing it right.  They're a gross PITA.  Panty liners will be your best friend during the 2WW.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Yes, you're doing it right. Yes, it's gross.

Pantyliners will be your best friend for a while.

Could be worse, I had to stick Estrogen pills up there with the Progesterone. They're a blue/green color. Imagine that leaking out. Blech.

*Excessive scar tissue, blocked tubes*hypothyroidism*
    IVF #1 BFN 10/07
    IVF #2 w/ICSI & AH*C/P 5/09
    Beta #1-33 Beta #2-50 Beta #3-10
    FET 9/9/09*Transferred 2 Blasts*BFP!
    Beta #1- 2991, Beta #2 - 6757 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EmmaRaeEmmaRae member
    Yeah, the leakage blows. So gross.
  • Options
    The leakage does suck.  Like pp said pantyliners are helpful.  I also discovered that flushable wipes help get rid of the gross feeling.  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Welcome to the club. I actually choose PIO shots over the suppositories if he lets me :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yup, you're doing it right.  Prog supps are disgusting.  Stock up on panty liners - you'll need them for the rest of the 2 ww.
    TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I just knew I was doing something wrong - cuz OMG... I have had many Clomid cycles and Clomid IUIs w/ trigger.  Now all of sudden I have to switch to injectibles and they rx this?  Why?  It is supposed to help obviously, so why wait til an inject cycle?  Why not do it with other IUI/clomid cycles.... Again, I hate IF.
  • Options

imagegringa78:
    Yes, you're doing it right.? They're a gross PITA.? Panty liners will be your best friend during the 2WW.

yup they are nasty...when you add estrace then everything is BLUE sooo nasty!?

• Options

They really are pretty nasty. I put my first one in about an hour before I have to get up for the day and that seems to help get all the nastiness out before I have to leave. I do my other one right before bed so I just sleep through it all :)

And I second the flushable wipes. The supps can leave you feeling...well...less than fresh!

• Options
    yep sounds right to me. I agree that panty liners are a great investment.
    11/7/07-Ectopic in right tube.-Tube removed.
    IUI#1-bfn, IUI#2-bfn, IUI#3-bfn, IUI#4-cancelled. 3/2010-IVF#1-c/p. 6/2010-FET
  • Options
    totally normal and the reason I prefer shots. I would rather have a giant needle shoved into my butt daily than deal with that! ; )
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"