Stay at Home Moms

Just finished my last day of work... HELP

I am distressed :( I was laid off a few months ago but got to finish out the school year. I know I get to stay home with DD now and I love spending time with her. But part of me is really going to miss teaching and my school. 

Any words of encouragement? I feel kinda lost, and then guilty for being sad about not working anymore.

Re: Just finished my last day of work... HELP

• Hi and welcome to the board!!!

I'm sorry I am so late to answer this post and am so sorry you were laid off.  With all this uncertaintly and being FORCED to SAH because you no longer have a job can't be easy.  :(  I hope you are able to find some peace with what has happened and maybe even end up really liking SAH full-time!  If not, I think the best advice I ever received was; "it's not permenant, if you aren't happy and feeling fulfilled, go back to work" and I pass that along to everyone I meet in similar shoes as you.  

I think feeling lost, sad and guilty is totally normal, we talk about that guilt A LOT here on this board and as cliche as it sounds, that's something that only you can come to terms with and ease.  I guess what has always really worked for me is having a schedule that revolved around Emily's mealtimes and naptimes, meeting up DAILY (or as often as you can) with other local first-time moms with similar aged children and making lists for myself each week for what I'd like to and need to accomplish (things like chores, errands, playdates, activities, etc.).  

VERY best of luck to you and keep in touch here on this board - you WILL find empathy and encouragement here!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"