3rd Trimester

As I get closer to my EDD...

(Well, I suppose I am not that close, but I am in the 3rd Tri, so I feel like the clock is ticking louder.)

I am an Army spouse and my husband is deployed.  I dont really have alot of close friends where I am (military people move around alot, obviously) and I am going to be flying solo in the delivery room.  It makes me really nervous to know that no one will be there with me.

Is any one else flying solo? For any reason.

Re: As I get closer to my EDD...

• You should really look into getting a doula. Someone who is there just for you would be extremely helpful. Being a military spouse, you probally wouldn't even have to pay for one.
  • No, I'm not, and I'm so sorry that you are.

I can't believe you husband doesn't get R&R for the delivery. 

My friend's husband was in Iraq when she was pregnant- he scheduled his R&R for when the baby was due and her doctor induced her so he would be home for the birth. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageluvsong04:

No, I'm not, and I'm so sorry that you are.

I can't believe you husband doesn't get R&R for the delivery. 

My friend's husband was in Iraq when she was pregnant- he scheduled his R&R for when the baby was due and her doctor induced her so he would be home for the birth. 

My doctor offered to do a birth via webcam, but I am not into that.

My husband has another child(in another state), so he had to schedule his R&R to see everyone. Unfortunately, that leaves me solo. Blah.

• imagethequeeenbee:
    You should really look into getting a doula. Someone who is there just for you would be extremely helpful. Being a military spouse, you probally wouldn't even have to pay for one.

I hadn't heard of a doula until I joined The Bump. I suppose I could ask around, but I am sure some other spouse would just offer to help me out and I dont always play well with others.  haha..if you know what I mean.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"