Infertility
Options

I'm New

Hi ladies!  I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster... Highlights of my TTC journey are in my siggy.  We are unexplained, and are currently cycling for IUI #3. 

I have two questions right off the bat:

1) For the IVFer's:  How did you know when it was time to move on from IUI to IVF?  

2) Have any of you read The Infertility Cure?  Do you recommend it?

Looking forward to getting to know you =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm New

• Options
    Just wanted to say welcome and good luck!  I am starting the Infertility Cure tonight!  I'll let you know what I think.
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    poomanpooman member

Welcome to the board. ?Hope your stay is a short one.

We are MFI and our odds are way better with IVF. I did a couple IUIs but only because my body wouldn't let me do IVF at those times. ? Because we're OOP, we really wanted to make sure our money gets the most bank for its buck. So as soon as we can we're going to try IVF again.

?Haven't read it. ?But want to.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi! I'm still pretty new around these parts myself.

We haven't moved onto IVF yet, but I have read a lot about the IF Cure and have thought about picking it up several times.

• Options

Welcome.

1. I have no experience with this, but I'm sure you'll get some good feedback.

2. I loved The Infertility Cure. I decided to make some dietary changes, and I feel much better in general.

Good luck.

• Options
    Welcome, I hope your stay here is short! :-)
  • Options

Hi and welcome!

My Infertility is a bit different than most and as far as IVF goes with us, it's a good option, or using DE is also an option for us. But that too is IVF. Since we're OOP, we're trying to save a little extra money so we wouldn't have to finance the entire amount. My info is in my siggy.

I tried to read the book, but couldn't get into it.

I hope that your stay here is short and sweet.

• Options

Welcome...I hope IUI #3 works for you and your stay here is short!

1. I went straight to IVF because of genetic issues (both cf carriers)

2. Nope, never read it.?

• Options

Hello and Welcome - I hope your time on this board is short in a good way.  To answer question number 1 - I did 7 IUI's - I was told I was not allowed to do anymore - I mean I could but it would be a waste.  I was told IVF was our next best option.  Best of luck to you.

• Options

Hi and welcome!  We did three IUIs before moving on to IVF.  We made the decision based on advice from our RE and our insurance coverage.  The RE said that success rates for IUI really start to decline after 3 failed cycles.  She was reluctant to try injectibles with IUI because of my mild PCOS - she said we could try if we wanted, but that there would be a high likelihood of a cancelled cycle because of too many follicles.  She thought IVF would give us much higher success rates without the threat of cancellation or high order multiples.  I think she was right, as I ended up with 51 follicles after 7 days of 75iu Follistim and 75iu Menopur.

We are lucky enough to have insurance coverage for IUI and IVF.  Considering that IVF would be covered and the odds were so much better, we decided it was time to move on.  Without the insurance coverage, we might have gone for another IUI or 2.  It is a personal decision - for me, I was ready for something that would give us a better chance and was lucky enough not to have huge financial obstacles in my way. Good luck with your decision!

p.s. I haven't read the book, but have heard good things!

• Options
    Thanks for the welcome!  I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    HI! Im not an IVFer yet...I am an IUIer too. GL with IUI #3 cycle. I wanted to say hi and welcome! I have not read that book, but I would be interested in hearing what you think! GL!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. We have an MFI diagnosis so IUI was never an option for us. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"