Multiples
Options

Did anyone not have them catch multiples at an early u/s?

I went at 6w1d and there was only one sac and baby seen.  But I have two cysts on my left ovary which I know means that I probably released two eggs.  I'm sure that one just didn't get fertilized or implant but I keep worrying.  I'm pretty safe if they only saw one at that point right?  :)

Re: Did anyone not have them catch multiples at an early u/s?

• Options
    Probably- I was able to see mine at 6w, pretty well. It looked like two little eyes staring out of my uterus.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

there are random stories about people missing a twin at early US's, but it's usually with people who had no reason to suspect twins -  since they knew to look for twins at yours- i'd guess that it's probably pretty accurate.

At 5w we saw my 2 sacs.

congrats on your Bfp!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

First u/s at 7w3d dr said only one baby. I even said, "So only one?" 

2nd u/s 9w3d the dr says and here's the other one. 

This was IVF and 3 were transferred. He said the 2nd one was just hiding.

• Options
    Only one seen at 8 weeks and a great big twin surprise at 20 weeks!
  • Options
    I had my first u/s at 5 wk 1 day and we only saw one sac. We didn't find out twins until 15 wk 3 days.?
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    #6#6 member

At 6wks my dr did an internal u/s and only saw one baby.  He had me come in at 10wks and did a second u/s also internal.  Bam 2 clear as day. 

Looking back I now think that he was some what suspicous because I got a + pg test at like 3wks.  No way was that possible without twins.  I couldnt get a + test with L until 7wks and was 9wks at my first appt.  After my positve test it was a good 3wks before my appt and I thought I would be 10wks, nope only 6.  It never crossed my mind though.  I was just so full of emotions because L was only 4 months old at the time.  :O   At my 1st u/s he kept saying "lets make sure there is only 1" over and over and the u/s lasted forever.  I was like "ok, its a baby, lets talk about this since I just had a baby."  My u/s with L was less than 5 mins.  This one was seriously like 15 mins.  He even told me that he would be doing another at 10wks and I still didnt think anything of it.  Then within the first few seconds he kept saying "wheres there other one" or "lets see how many are in here"  in a joking voice.  Still thought he was just picking until he said "yup, I knew it, Look, there are 2" 

He was still shocked though.  He wasnt sure how it would play out since I had just had L and was so small.  (5'4, 105 lbs after L)  He didnt know if I could carry them full term or even close. 

So yeah i think that at 6wks its too early to see if there are more than 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"