Working Moms
Options

Going back to work

Hi ladies,

I'm going back to work in 3 weeks. Do you have any tips on:-

-getting DS used to daycare
-getting back into the work mode
-finding time to do chores, spend time with DH etc

I know this is a lot, but any advice would be appreciated. TIA!!!!

Re: Going back to work

• Options

getting DS used to daycare

Talk to your daycare about doing a couple trial days or mornings/ afternoons before you go back to work.  That usually works out well for everyone.  Also, you might want to leave the baby with a baby sitter here and there to get everyone used to the idea.  I usually had some doctor's appts before I went back to work to get out of the way, so I'd use a babysitter for that those last few weeks.  

-getting back into the work mode

I always said I was going to start waking up early a week before I went back to work ... I never did.  It was fine.  After a couple days, you're back in the mode.  

-finding time to do chores, spend time with DH etc

With chores, you will probably have to just let some stuff go.  Spending time with your family is more important than a spotless house.  If you can afford a cleaning lady, even if it's just 1x a month, it will be money well spent.  Have your DH help in the evening and then you can both sit down and relax together.  Try to get out for a date 1-2x a month, even if it's just an early movie or a dinner out on a weeknight.  

• Options

My guys went to daycare at 5 months - they were very laid back babies, and had no trouble getting used to it, so I don't have any advice there.

But, for finding time to do chores:  For the most part, chores are only done on the weekends.  My time with the kiddos/dh is so limited, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is chores.  I do work from home once a week, so I'm able to throw in some laundry then.

As for getting back into work mode - that took a few weeks, but it did happen.  Not really advice...but....

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't have too much advice on getting him prepared, sorry.  As far as getting into work mode, honestly is was alot easier than I thought it would be.  I still forget things sometimes, but I am doing just fine in general.  Mornings aren't near as bad as I thought they would be.  For the housework, I do small picking up things after ds goes to sleep at night and if there is something more major, on the weekend.  However, some things just have to be let go and not worried about as much.  It's an organized mess half the time now lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"