Success after IF

LucyPenvesie

Hi.  I just read your older post about your breasts almost drying up. ` "Oh but the purple scars on both nips are a nice touch.  Can't forget those!"

I have been EPing since 6 weeks and will probably do so until 6 months.  Seriously, do you have purple nips still? 

OMG --- I thought that would go away!  My poor nipples are traumatized enough already.

Re: LucyPenvesie

• Don't worry!  Sorry to alarm!  The purple scars are actually keloid scars from the first two weeks of Jack's life when he nursed at the breast - my nipples got very, very damaged (I only stopped when a doctor told me to stop, and that I would have permanent damage if I did not.  But it was already too late) - I had sores that did not heal until he was close to 10 weeks old (this in part due to use of an ointment that works miracles for most women - but it turns out I was allergic to it and had a severe reaction.)  Pumping held up the healing too - so now - I literally have polka dotted nipples.  But it was an extreme case of damage, not to worry, no reason to think you'll have any lasting purple-ness!
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Gotcha!  Polka dot nipples are in style now! :)

I have a ways to go, but I am def counting down the weeks until 6 months.....I HATE pumping.  I am doing 3x/d (7a, 3p, 11p) for 30-40 minutes each session.  Any tips for when I wean to 2x/d ( I was hoping to do 7a and 11p) and then weaning completely.  Tick, tock....counting down.

• Loading the player...
  • I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do -
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession. 
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.  It
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.  It was
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.  It was hard to
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.  It was hard to quit -
    Wheee!

• I hated it too - although it does become this thing you HAVE to do - it's a weird obsession.  It was hard to quit - emotinoally
    Wheee!

• DUDE!!!  That's the first time that's ever happened to me - holy crap was that weird - my screen went BLIP and then I had a million posts here.  Creepy!  What I was saying was - it was hard to quit - emotionally more than physically.  Physically - I just went very slowly - only dropped one pump a week - and just took my time.  I haven't pumped for a week and can still express milk (I'm not because I don't want to stimulate anything!  Just doing a quick check here and there) but I have no pain and don't feel lumpy anymore - the first few days after not pumping at all were a bit painful - advil took care of it - and my boobs felt really lumpy.  All is well now though, I'll be glad to be totally dry, no more fear of weird leaks!
    Wheee!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"