Parenting

anyone's dc a super light sleeper?

dd is 18 mo old and I literally can not check on her night, for fear of waking her up.  I have woken her up the past 3 nights -- 2 she went right back to sleep and 1 she was then up for 2 hours!  We have a white noise machine in her room and a fan outside her door.  We do have a video monitor in my older dd's room (b/c she's in a bed and is more of a wild card once in her room at night!) that I guess I can move, but even with that...I can't really SEE her to know she's ok.  I hate not checking on her but don't want to wake her up.  any tips?

(and I tiptoe in the room, hide at the top of her crib to peek quickly, then tiptoe back out -- but yet I still wake her)

Re: anyone's dc a super light sleeper?

• We bought a video monitor when DS was about 18mos after waking him one too many times...he was actually stirring and we thought he was awake but he is a light sleeper too.  His new bedroom has his bed across the room so it is as far from the hallway as possible which helped some too...and of course the white noise machine and blackout curtains.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"