Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Time for first birthday party help

For DD's first birthday, we're planning to do a BBQ at a local park, but I'm having a hard time deciding on the time. Right now, DD takes two naps (at about 11 and 3), but I'm not sure what another month will bring for naps. We're also planning to invite a few friends with toddlers a few months older than DD. With DD's current nap schedule, I was thinking 1 would be a good time. When did you have DC's party? Is 1 typically smack in the middle of a toddler's nap time? TIA!

Re: Time for first birthday party help

• We did our outdoor park party from 2-4 and DD did end up skipping her second nap entirely. I knew she could handle it, though. There were other young babies there, some younger some older, and they still attended.

I think you'd go a little crazy trying to not only anticipate your baby's nap schedule a month from now, but also those of other kiddos!!

• We had ours at 1. However, I don't think you can ever really plan to avoid all of the kids' naps. Different babies nap at different times, and sometimes they won't nap, sometimes they'll nap longer, etc. So I would say plan it at whatever time works best for you and your family. People will accomodate and make it work!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It looks like 1 would be a good time for your DC, and that's what's important after all!  The birthday kid shouldn't be cranky. :)

We had our party at 1, because DS typically napped from 11-1.  

• Because I just went thru this, keep in mind your set up time for the party. If it's not at your house, that's driving time, packing the car up time, and unloading and setting up. Don't know how much help you have but I had a few people and it still took an hour. Can cut into either nap............

• We did 1 & only one of our little guests was off their sleeping schedule because of it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"