North Carolina Babies

No dining out for a month...

This is my and DH's challenge for June. We are notoriously bad about going out to eat when we have plenty of meal options at home. I don't even want to see how much we spend on dining out. I'm about to tally it up, and I'm scared! ;-) With me still jobless, and us both wanting to lose weight, this is a good plan all around! So, no lunch GTG's for me this month Sad (unless it's a picnic!)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: No dining out for a month...

• You are a better woman than I :)  Though, honestly, aside from our weekly bagel trip on Sunday mornings, we've been pretty good lately, and are trying to not eat out for the next few weeks.

GL!

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Yeah we have been cracking down on this too since our budget got a little tighter recently (DH lost most of the hours from his 2nd job).  It's amazing how quickly it adds up.  It's why I missed the PF Changs GTG too!  It totally sucks! :(
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHughesNC:
    This is my and DH's challenge for June. We are notoriously bad about going out to eat when we have plenty of meal options at home. I don't even want to see how much we spend on dining out. I'm about to tally it up, and I'm scared! ;-) With me still jobless, and us both wanting to lose weight, this is a good plan all around! So, no lunch GTG's for me this month Sad (unless it's a picnic!)

I'm not up for the challenge (I'd fail) but totally need to cut back for money & health reasons. 

If you ever wanna meet up for a picnic, I'm totally in!!!

• Us too, all though I don't think DH can go cold turkey, so he's allowed to eat out 2 times a week at work. I've given up everything, even Starbucks (gasp!). I did cheat at the GTG and get Chick Fil A!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DARN! I was actually going to email you this morning about getting together for lunch in the next week or two. 

OK. July 1!  You and me!!  Lunch!!!   Big Smile

• We are the same way- need to cut back on eating out BIG time. I'm too chicken to try it yet though. Good luck and I guess we need to get started on planning some picnics :).
  • I'm not sure we could stick to that. GL!!!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • WOW - Good for you! I couldn't do it, but am here to support you all the way!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• We tried to take it down to once a week as a treat - and even then it was just pizza or something cheap.  I don't know if we could do it cold turkey.  Good luck!
  • This is a good idea.  I might try this myself this month since I saw your post.

DH won't do it but he goes out with his fun money anyway.

• As of Jan we only do this once a week and I meal plan. making sure to choose an extra meal as a "back up" so we always have that something extra in the fridge.

We have done really well so far this year. I really like the meal planning too bc there is no "what do you want tonight?"...."IDK what do you want"...."whatever, doesnt matter". AAHH!!!!

We have had a few weekends where thing havent worked out but it has been very minimal.

• Kudos to you....I don't think I could ever do it.  But meals are something I really really struggle with and I need to get better at with two kids.  Geez.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I am very impressed, I can't wait to hear how it goes! This is the one area we really need to cut back on. We probably eat dinner out three times a week and it is killing our budget. Maybe I can convince DH (and myself!) to limit it to once a week. You are an inspiration :)
  • eek! that terrifies me. good luck!!
  • We try to just do once a week.

DH actually said to me last week "the more pregnant you get, the more we we eat out" and I told him I was too tired to cook or even think about it. ?He was just kidding though.

It is a huge money waste though, I agree. ?When I have energy (and time), I am a big meal planner as well. ?I write down what I will cook each night and then grocery shop off that. ?I can still switch meals from day to day if I don't feel like something, but it helps a ton!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"