Pregnant after a Loss
Options

I'm pretty hurt. Am I overreacting? (long)

So DH is going out of town from Saturday to Thursday.  His mom is graduating college.  It's a huge deal and a big surprise that he's showing up.  So anyway, my mom (who lives 4 hours away) and my sister (who lives 8 hours away) were going to take turns staying with me (I'm on bed rest).   My mom wanted to bring me and my cats where she lives, but this won't work.  So today she tells me she's not staying at all. I am very hurt and I wrote her this email.

Brett = my DH
Michelle = my sister
Sean = my 1 y/o nephew, my sister's son
Stewie = my very big, heavy, pain in the butt cat

Hi Mom.  I know you're going to believe that everything I'm about to say is because I'm hormonal but I don't agree. I feel like you're mad because I won't go to Bend with you.  It is simply an impossibility.  I am not allowed to handle Stewie and with your RA you physically will not be able to control his freak out.  Also, I know that my doctors will not approve of this.  I appreciate the sentiment, but it is not possible.

I really thought you were going to stay a few days with me.  Staying here Friday night doesn't do me any good because Brett is here.  That is very nice of you to offer to drive him to the airport, but sitting in a car is one of the few things I can do.  I am very nervous to have him gone for 5 days when I am not allowed to do 95% of what I normally do.

I feel slightly used.  You and dad stay here whenever you need to for business, but now I need some family help.  Brett is very nervous about leaving now and is asking me to beg Michelle to stay the whole time.  But she can't bring Sean so that won't really work.  I always love having you and dad here, but it's always on your terms.  I don't understand why you can't stay Saturday night and part of the day Sunday if you're going to be here anyway doing trainings.  It just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I'm just feeling a little hurt and I know I will dwell on this and hold a grudge unless I tell you how I'm feeling.

I love you.

WDYT???

Re: I'm pretty hurt. Am I overreacting? (long)

• Options
    I'm sorry that she is changing what you had planned. I think your email is really good. It's honest and kindly worded.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    it sounds completely honest and not accusatory(sp?) maybe she just doesn't see it your way and you laying out the cards will help her "get it" i hope it works out for you! i wish you lived closer i would totally volunteer to keep you comapny! lol
    BFP #1 May 2000 ~ Darren was born Jan 13, 2001 ~ 6lbs 2oz 191/2" ~ 39 wks due to low fluid, otherwise perfect pregnancy
    July 2004 abnormal pap, colposcopy and LEEP procedure ~ paps every 3 months all normal for 1 year
    2006 all clear to start TTC
    HSG Nov 2007 ~ all normal except mild left tube blockage
    BFP #2 Dec 2007 EDD sept 3 ~ missed m/c ~ Feb 14 2008 ~ 9wk 2d D&C
    BFP #3 Apr 2008 EDD Dec 10 ~ ectopic ~ May 2008 ~ 5wk 2d ~ emergency lap surgery, lost left tube
    BFP #4 Jul 2008 EDD May 5 ~ missed m/c ~ Aug 2008 ~ 5wk 2d D&C - trisomy 16
    RPL panel Aug 2008 ~ diagnosed with compound hetero MTHFR
    BFP #5 Nov 2008 EDD Jul 31 ~ blighted Ovum ~ Dec 2008 ~ 4wk 3d ~ natural m/c at home for my birthday
    BFP #6 Feb 2009 EDD Oct 15 ~ 4wk 3d ~ chemical pregnancy ~ Mar 2008
    BFP #7 May 18 2009 ~ Gabriel Michael ~ Jan 19, 2010 ~ 7lbs 2oz 21"
    TTC again since Jan 2011
    BFP #8 Jun 2011 EDD Jan 20 ~ 5wk 6d ~ missed m/c ~ D&C
    July - Hysterscopy removed some polyps, all clear for IUI with clomid
    Aug-Oct - IUI - with Clomid all BFN
    Nov-Jan - IUI - with femara and trigger = BFN
    back to TTC naturally on our own hoping for another miracle.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
    Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I don't think you're overreacting, and your email is very good and honest. I hope you can figure things out and get some help for those days
  • Options
    I would be hurt too. I think your email is honest and not inflammatory.  I hope your mom reacts to it well.
  • Options
    I don't think you are overreacting, they had already agreed to this, and now all of a sudden she changed her mind, thats not fair to you. You have made plans according to what she was going to do...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"