Breastfeeding
Options

newbie question

Im wondering when you are switching sides, and go to feed him again which one do you start with? Ive heard two different things. Ive been doing it where he eats on the left, so I start with the right the next time. Most times he is eating from both sides. Thanks!

Re: newbie question

• Options
    lp0418lp0418 member
    With my LO I start on the side that she was eating from last, so for instance if she started off eating on the right side, i switched her to the left side, the next feeding she would start on the left side. I did this because at first my DD wouldn't eat as well from the second side, so to make sure she got all of the hind milk I would start her on the side she was eating from last.
  • Options

imagelp0418:
    With my LO I start on the side that she was eating from last, so for instance if she started off eating on the right side, i switched her to the left side, the next feeding she would start on the left side. I did this because at first my DD wouldn't eat as well from the second side, so to make sure she got all of the hind milk I would start her on the side she was eating from last.

I do this with my son.  GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sweet, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"