Breastfeeding

50 oz freezer stash.. possibly no good =(

I just found out this week that my son has a milk allergy... I've been pumping and freezing a stash for when I go back to work... I'm up to 50oz and now I can't use it =( I'm not tossing it in case this is a flukey thing or he out grows it quickly... but I'm so bummed to start over! Crying
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 50 oz freezer stash.. possibly no good =(

• That really sucks!  How did they determine the allergy?  I hope it was a fluke b/c I know how hard it is to get a freezer stash and I'm a SAHM.

• imagekds24:

That really sucks!  How did they determine the allergy?  I hope it was a fluke b/c I know how hard it is to get a freezer stash and I'm a SAHM.

He has had blood in his stool this week =( I have cut out the "big" dairy from my diet and so far he is MUCH better! I'm shocked this happened at 8 weeks and not sooner!! But they said not to give him any of my frozen milk for now since it will have dairy in it... I'll look into donating it if we can't use it... I hate to waste it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • that sucks.. I would definately separate it but hold on to it. I would guess that they will have slowly try to introduce dairy back into ur diet as he gets older. So maybe you will be able to use it then. I know you look at that stash it think of all that time you pumped!! 

Hope your DH continue to do better... poor guy. 

• vlahopvlahop member
    I am surprised this showed up at 8 weeks too.  I would hold on to the milk though, maybe he will grow out of it in a few months?
  • I am in the same position. ?It makes me want to cry. ?I have stopped pumping and saving for the next 2 weeks since it takes that long to clear out of your system. I am not throwing my stash away yet just in case I can use it at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"