Breastfeeding

Can you double pump with PISA without a 3rd hand?

I can only pump one breast at a time - can't see how someone could double pump both breasts at same time and still press the let down button, fiddle with knobs, turn off machine, etc.  Do you double pump and how? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can you double pump with PISA without a 3rd hand?

• hands free easy expression bustier....best purchase EVER! i EP so i needed to be able to do both at the same time, and hands free. i love it!
  • I can't do both at once either. I will if DH is home to help me turn it on/off but otherwise its one at a time for me!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i turn on the machine and then put the shields up to me.  I don't adjust the setting I just leave it on high.  after a few minutes there is enough suction that the shields are stuck there and I could let go.  When I am done I just take off the shields and then turn off hte machine

To do it hands free at home I use my nursing pillow to press up against and then I can nest at the same time :)

• imagepurplepuggles:
    hands free easy expression bustier....best purchase EVER! i EP so i needed to be able to do both at the same time, and hands free. i love it!

I have to get one of these!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made my own hands free pumping bra by cutting slits in a sports bra. Try that. GL!
  • Yeah, I just cross my left arm across my chest so it is holding both shields on.  So I end up like "bear hugging myself" then have a hand free.  It is easier once you get used to it.
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • kel716kel716 member

One way or another, get a hands free bra.  Best. Invention. Ever. 

-make one-

-buy the easy expressions bustier or the one made by LLL International Clothes, or pumpease.  Good luck!

• imageDeegirl322:
    I made my own hands free pumping bra by cutting slits in a sports bra. Try that. GL!
    genius!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekate081206:
    Yeah, I just cross my left arm across my chest so it is holding both shields on.? So I end up like "bear hugging myself" then have a hand free.? It is easier once you get used to it.

This. ?After a few tries, you get the swing of it. ?Now if I could only figure out how to pump while laying down :)?

• imageDeegirl322:
    I made my own hands free pumping bra by cutting slits in a sports bra. Try that. GL!

This!

But I have also gotten pretty talented at using the strategically placed tv remote with my big toe.

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
    Lost Our 10 month old Baby Boy Rowan 3/12/10 BFP 8/25/10
  • imagekate081206:
    Yeah, I just cross my left arm across my chest so it is holding both shields on.  So I end up like "bear hugging myself" then have a hand free.  It is easier once you get used to it.

this or I can also scrunch forward a little and rest the bottles on my thighs and type with both hands. Wink

• When I'm at home I usually pump one side at a time so I can surf the net with the other hand.  When I'm at work I need to speed things up so I turn on the machine then put the shields into position.  The PISA will start in the let down mode then switch to regular after two minutes so I just go with that.  I leave the pump on the lowest setting the whole time b/c any more than that hurts me too much.  While pumping I Iisten to my iPod (I get that all hooked up before I start) and when I get close to the end I start to massage each breast.  I wrap my arm around so I am holding up one side with my forearm and the other side with my hand (does that makes sense?).  Then I switch.  Once I'm done I remove one side, turn off the machine, then remove the other side.

It's not has hard as you might think.  I tried the rubber band technique described on Kelly Mom but that didn't work for me at all.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I start the machine before I put the shields to my breasts.

A bit on lansinoh lanolin will help with the suction.

I pump at work, I hold the left one with my hand, the right I wedge between my knee and the desk so I can have one hand to move the mouse or type one-handed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"