Georgia Babies

Boppy vs. My Breast Friend ??

I'm not sure if I should just register for both, or what. I am only 4'11.5", and I have big boobs and am planning to breast feed. My mother is convinced I won't need ANY pillow, I'm convinced my arms will get tired. opinions? The only person I've ever heard talk about My Breast Friend is Michelle Duggar on TV, everyone else seems to use a Boppy.....
The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)

Re: Boppy vs. My Breast Friend ??

• I love my boppy.  I tried My Breast Friend at a friend's house and it was fine too.  I didn't notice anything spectacular about either one as far as differences.  I would just say that you will def want something though.  I use mine like crazy.  Ethan loves to lay in it and my DH uses it to feed him bottles too so I guess in that respect we've gotten more use out of the boppy.  Also, when he was tiny and we were holding him more often (because he did nothing yet!) we used it to rest our arms on.  They may be little but your arms get worn out!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • myrallmyrall member

Boppy. Hands down.

No pun intended. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no experience with my breast friend but I do have two boppys and LOVE them.  I have one upstairs and one downstairs.  Like PP said they can be used for multiple things besides breastfeeding. 

I was just thinking about you b/c I haven's seen a post from you in awhile.  How are you doing? 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I personally hated my Boppy.  Never used it to nurse except at the hospital b/c I didn't have anything else.  And HC barely sat in it.  What I loved that someone gave me is the Luna Lullaby pillow.  It's sold at the Northside Women's Place shop, and I think the direct website is www.lunalullaby.com  It's L-shaped and VERY soft; you can squish it around you and HC loves it because it's got a nubbly cover that she plays with. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used a boppy never tried the other.  My SIL tried both and liked boppy better.  You can also use it for other things besides just breastfeeding which is nice.  I also saw the episdoe michelle was advertising the breast friend, but she was walking around while BF.  I never did that, but you can't use a boppy while walking/standing.  Most of us don't have 15 other kids to chase after while BF!

• imageMrs. Theobald:

I have no experience with my breast friend but I do have two boppys and LOVE them.  I have one upstairs and one downstairs.  Like PP said they can be used for multiple things besides breastfeeding. 

I was just thinking about you b/c I haven's seen a post from you in awhile.  How are you doing? 

Ditto this, including the how are you? Big Smile

• I loved the boppy and Gavin still uses it as his TV watching pillow while he takes his bedtime sippy cup and watches Yo Gabba Gabba.  My niece is 9 and still uses hers to prop up and watch TV!

• It's so sweet that y'all were looking for me! I seem to post in spurts, but sometimes I feel like I should just keep my mouth shut since I am not very helpful around here. The only thing I have experience with is the medical side of everything, but not the mommy side, so my perspective is even skewed.

Newest update with me is that we turn 24 weeks tomorrow! I am so excited about that b/c I feel alot more comfortable knowing that my baby is considered viable. Other than that, just going to the hematologist and MW next week for my Von Willebrand work up/consult and my 24 week appt. 

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • I used both.  I tried the baby when Sam was a newborn, and it wasn't enough padding to get her in a comfortable position.  A friend bought me the My Brest Friend and it was a lifesaver (seriously!  we had so many issues nursing).  Once Sam was no longer a newborn I preferred the Boppy.  When they're so tiny the MBF is good because it is a bit of a thicker cushion so the baby sits higher and it has a strap for your waist.

The lunalullaby pillows are AWESOME!  I borrowed a friend of mine's once and absolutely loved it.  

Any kind of nursing pillow is really a good investment, considering how much you will use it - at least 7 or 8 times a day for several weeks, and then at least 4 or 5 times a day thereafter.  The daily cost is minimal when you look at it that way! 

• I didn't end up bf'ing b/c it just didn't work for us, but when we were trying it in the beginning I couldn't ever really get the Boppy to fit right... I have big boobs, too, and the Boppy was too cushy and too high so that the baby didn't line up properly with me (if that makes any sense).  Anyway, I ended up returning mine b/c I just couldn't get it to work for us!  I know that other people love it though. 
  • I loved My Breast Friend.  It's flat and much easier (IMO) to lay your DC on it to nurse.

• My sister's lactation consultant told her that the Boppy is great once babies get a bit older and bigger, but that most of her clients prefer the My Brest Friend when their babies are newborns.  I think it has a waist strap and it's a bit firmer than the Boppy.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i actually have both and found the boppy a little better. The breastfriend seemed a little hard to me, but at times I wanted/needed the extra support around my back (mine had a latch type belt thing to keep it in place)

?it just depends on what you are looking for. Hell, sometimes I just used a regular pillow too. HTH?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"