Birth Stories
Options

My FUN preemie delivery 27wks 3day...believe it or not :P

So, ten days before I delivered I was on my way to school and I got really dizzy and then sweaty.  So, I pulled over and called 911...Oh the embaressment.  ANyways, I get to the hospital and they hooked me all up.  My doctor said "are you feeling those contractions" I said "yep, I have been having those for weeks now...since I was 17wks" I just thought because they weren't painful they were braxton hicks.  He checked me and I was 1 cent. dialated.  They gave me a shot of breathean (sp?) and some procardia and sent me home b/c the contractions stopped.  Well, that was a Friday.  Saturday I called the hospital b/c they came back and they increased the procardia.  Sunday afternoon they came back again so we called and they asked us to come to the hospital.  They gave me a shot of breathene and my BP dropped to 50/30 WOW!!! That felt awful.  Guess, I can't have breathene anymore.  So, they started me on MAG!!! at about 3am they sent me to a larger hospital with a NICU unit.  I kept having contractins but they weren't painful.  Just a tight feeling.  Eight days at the hospital and several rushes to the delivery unit later...On the 28th of April at 10am they hooked me up for the daily FM session.  At 10:15 the nurse came rushing in and said "hey, are you finally feeling those?"  I said yep, they are actually painful this time"  They paged the doctor and I called my husband. I told him to drop what he was doing and rush to the hospital.  The doctor came in and said..." I thought you told me you weren't having a baby today" He checked me as I breathed deeply though the pain and he said well, you are 10 and you bag is bulging.  All I could do was laugh though the contractions.  They got me to LD and I asked for pain meds they said well, it will make the baby sleepy so...no.  They doctor said to me well we want you to push on the next contraction...Well, my husband wasn't there yet so I told him...Nope, it is my vagina and you can't make me..The whole room bust out in laughter.  So, I started talking with the nurses and the doctor had the craziest look on his face and he said do you realize you are 10 cent dialated.  I said please don't be a doctor right now...be a father...so we kept on talking and joking around what else could I do...focusing on the pain wouldn't have helped.  Finally, my husband came bursting through the door and I waited for the next contraction.  I pushed as hard as I could and my water broke.  It shot to the back wall, celing and showered everyone staring at my va jay jay.  I busted out laughing.  They checked me again and I was 6 not 10.  The doctor said oh, well we have a few hours before he comes.  We were thinking about pain meds or an epi when all of a sudden I had a drop in my bottom and I had to push...this was like 5 min after they said oh, we have a few hours.  They rush everyone back in and one long push he came in to the world but not before more water came out and go in the mouth of one of the doctors EWWWWW!!!! She said oh, so amno fluid is salty.  My son was born at 12:40pm 4/28/09 a little over 2 hours after my contractions started.  He was pink and crying nothing like they prepared me for.  I was so happy.  So, no pain meds but a very healthy preemie and a shower for the doctors
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image

Re: My FUN preemie delivery 27wks 3day...believe it or not :P

• Options

Classic! Congratulations. I would be whacking them on the head though for the rot about making the baby sleepy. Pethidine (demerol to you) does, but epidurals do NOT. That is actually one of the big points about them. And my anesthesiologist told me he's quite happy to give them at 10cm, that it is a matter of skill as to whether you can or not.

But you survived despite their idiocy - well done.

Glad your premmie is doing so well! My bubs are likely to be born around that time so I hope they are as healthy! 

• Options
    OMG! Congrats on your healthy preemie and halarious birth story.. I have one thing bugging me though: Was the Dr. whose face was right there when your pushing NOT wearing one of those paper face masks??? That seems so unsanitary! You know, it case the Dr. coughed on you or you squirt amno into thier mouth lol??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, crazy story! I'm glad that your son is doing well!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    They had plastic face sheilds on but the got around the mask and ran down their faces HAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Options
    Interesting delivery story!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! What a story!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy.  He is so cute and doing so great.  Soon he will be home and you will be able to hold him all the time. 
  • Options
    Definitely not a dull delivery!  Congrats.
  • Options

imageajbride2007:
    Definitely not a dull delivery!  Congrats.

Definitely not!

• Options
    Congratulations! ?I like you're writing style, you made your birth story really enjoying to read :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great story! That's awesome that you were able to stay so happy and upbeat and that you have a healthy baby to show for it. Congrats! Big Smile
  • Options
    june909june909 member
    Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"