Breastfeeding
Options

How many of you keep/kept a BF journal?

I saw a journal on amazon that makes it easy for you to track feedings/diaper changes/sleep patterns for $15. I know it's going to be helpful in the very beginning but wondered how many of you used it for a long period of time? Is it worth it? I was just going to write down everything in a notepad but this looks easier/better than me having to draw lines down a notepad. Thoughts?How many of you kept/keep track of feedings/soiled diapers/times of feedings, etc?  thanks

Re: How many of you keep/kept a BF journal?

• Options
    I did for the first 6 days or so but only because the hospital gave us a sheet and told me that the pedi would want to see it at her first appt (they did). After that I think I tried to keep track, but kept forgetting to write stuff down. I would think that notebook would be a waste of money. If you want to keep track, just use regular paper :)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    They will probably give you something like this at the hospital.  If not, I'm pretty sure there is one you can download for free here.  Don't spend $15.  I did keep track of the time I fed DD, which breast I started with, wet and dirty diapers.  I did this for probably 6 weeks (which, looking back, was crazy, but it helped calm my anxiety, so whatever). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used a good old fasion paper and pen:)  I did it for about 4 weeks and stopped.  I won't spend $15 on something like that.  Like pp said they'll probably give you something in the hospital or you can download a sheet for free.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did while in the hospital and a few days when we got home.  The hospital gave us a sheet in there and then a couple sheets to take home.  I wouldn't buy one yet... see what the hospital gives you.  I use the Itzbeen timer now and I could not live without it since my memory IS GONE!

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did this way longer than I actually needed to for both pregnancies.  The first time I had preemie twins and I needed to keep my head straight about what happened last.  I kept it in a notebook for many, many months.

For the single full term aby, I kept it for a week or two after we left the hospital.  You can download pdf forms online and that worked for us.

No need tospend extra money on it.

• Options

I did this for the first 4 - 5 weeks, which looking back, just indicates how whacked out and paranoid I was. 

You can just use a notepad and keep it by where ever you feed him/her.  No need to spend the $$.  And really, once they are back to their birth weight and obviously having good wet/poopy diapers it really isn't needed.

• Options
    JDardenJDarden member

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't spend money on one from Amazon.  I have plenty of notebooks around my house and just used one of them for the first two weeks.  After my 2 wk doc appointment, he said I didn't need to keep one because DD was getting enough food.

I tracked the times and type of diapers.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"