Northern California Babies
Options

Would you worry?

Sam, who is six weeks old, hasn't pooped in 48 hours.  Would you be concerned? 

Everything else seems normal, though he seems to be tooting ALOT.

Thanks!

Re: Would you worry?

• Options
    I think it's a quirk with BF babies.  I remember my pedi saying they can go up to a week (or maybe it was even 10 day?!) without pooping.  I think the longest Spencer would go was maybe 4-5 days, and then there'd be a HUGE blowout.  He actually did that quite often in the first 3-4 months (not pooping for 4-5 days).  I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry yet.  As long as he doesn't seem uncomfortable then he's probably fine.  If he does start to seem uncomfortable then maybe help him by pumping his legs, etc.  J often went a couple of days in between poops and then, like S said he would have big blowouts.  Lucky us, huh??  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gavin was pretty regular until he hit about 6 weeks.  Now he only poops once a week.  His Pedi said its fine as long as the color remains yellow.
  • Options
    roxy_jjroxy_jj member
    Right around six weeks was when C started going longer between poops and didn't poop everyday.  Like the other posters, when he does poop, it's usually a massive blowout.  I wouldn't be too concerned about it.   
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    Natalie was totally regular until about the 6 week mark...then she would go a week without going, She actually started going every week on the same day, which we named "poop day" and that lasted about 2 months...poor kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"