North Carolina Babies

Daycare for child with Down Syndrome

My husband and I had a baby boy born about 4 weeks ago with Down Syndrome. I will have to return back to work Sep 1 and we had originally planned on him going to a local daycare. Since children with Down Syndrome need more personalized care (can't just be put in an exersaucer all day!) and are more susceptible to getting sick, we would prefer to have him go to a home daycare or even better, have care in our own home. Do any of you know of someone who has experience with children who have special needs (doesn't have to be Down Syndrome specific) who would be looking for full time work come Sep 1 (M-F, about 7-5pm)? If so, please let me know - we would love to talk with them! We live in NW Raleigh off Leesville Road, so someone local would be ideal. You can email me at eburhans@hotmail.com. Thanks!
image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Daycare for child with Down Syndrome

• While in my search for in home providers, I met two great women, who are licensed by the state. I am going to email them both for you and see if they can suggest anyone, I was planning on using one, but decided to SAH. They are not in your area, or I would suggest them. I will let you know what I find out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will keep my ears and eyes open for you and let you know if I come across anything. ?I know this sounds scary, but I really think a lot of people find their nannies on places like Craigslist. ?You have to be careful but I've heard many people find great providers. ?Sometimes you can find a mom who is staying home with her child but who would take care of your child as well.

I think raceyrae went through an agency but I'm not recalling the name of it and I know she's out of town this weekend.?

GL in your search!?

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe try trianglemommies.com?  The charlotte version of this board has proven to be a really great resource.

• Have you contacted the state yet? ?I believe they probably have a listing of facilities that are specialized in this type of care as well as other types of guidance and programs you are eligible for.

My old roommates brother has a daughter with Down's and lives in VA and I know they have received tons of support and assistance through the state with education, therapy, etc. ?She also has found a lot of support through her local Down's Syndrome Association.

• YGM!
  • YGM!
  • Thanks everyone for your good leads so far....
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey GreenEyes.  How is Jacob doing?  I dont think Ive heard an update in a week or so...hope he is getting stronger by the day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"