Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Trying after D&C

I had a D&C on April 30 at 8 weeks.  They thought it might have been a molar pregnancy...thank goodness it turned out not to be.  Anyway, my dr. said to wait 2 to 3 cycles to ttc.  Her first reason was to date the pregnancy and then she added to give my body time to heal.  Did anyone's dr. give them the go ahead after just 1 cycle?  Any success stories?  We are dying to try again soon, but also very anxious about what might happen.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trying after D&C

• I would wait at least 2 cycles.  My dr. told me 2 as well, and I have heard that you might lose again if it's after 1 as your uterus may not be ready yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have an answer but I am curious to hear them.  I plan to ask my Dr this on monday when I go back.  I have mixed feelings about getting pg again.
  • Loading the player...
  • My doc also told me to wait 3 cycles to try again. I've read that your uterus needs time to rebuild it's lining. If you become pregnant sooner than 3 cycles, your uterus may not be strong enough and your chances of another miscarriage are higher.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• I got the go ahead from my dr to try after 1 cycle.  I got pg right away and lost that pg to chorioamnionitis at 18 wks.   They dont think it was related to the D&C.

But my advice to you is to wait the 2-3 cycles the dr recommends to you.  A D&C scrapes your uterine lining really thin and my new dr says its important to let that lining regenerate before you try to get pg again.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor said 1-2 cycles, with a recommendation to wait for the 2. I'm 38, so we all feel the time pressure.

With my natural m/c I was told just 1 cycle.?

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • i just had my follow up from my d&c which was 3 weeks ago.  my dr. said to wait one cycle and then start again if we feel ready.  she said there is no real risk if you don't wait one cycle but she thinks it's best to have a "fresh" start.  she specifically said not to worry if we had unprotected sex and i become pg before i get a period. 

we will wait until one cycle before we try again (or not try but not prevent as we are calling it).  i too agree with you, part of me wants it to happen right away but would almost be happy if it took a few months.  but i totally trust my dr. and she knows that we tried for a while to get pg so i really feel like it would be okay to ttc again after one cycle.

i love success stories too!!  hopefully we'll all be one soon!  good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"