Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Walking babies: Baby Shoes

I want to invest in a good pair of walking shoes for Drew to wear while he is outdoors. I don't want to buy online because he has fat feet and I want to make sure they fit him correctly. Any recs for a place local to buy some great baby shoes?

Re: Walking babies: Baby Shoes

• We got Caroline some pedipeds. I tried them on her at Nordstrom in Northpark and then ordered them online.
  • flygeahflygeah member

imageavz2azb:
    We got Caroline some pedipeds. I tried them on her at Nordstrom in Northpark and then ordered them online.

Ditto... also I am not sure where you are, but Lone Star Baby and Kids also has Pedipeds.  That is where I got Keanan's first pair and I plan to go back this weekend to get the next size. 

• Loading the player...
  • Not sure where you can find them locally, but Pedipeds are by far my favorite. ?Robeez (they sell at Baby Gap) are also good, but not my favorite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks guys; I'll have to try the Pedipeds. Drew had some Robeez before but they are too difficult to squeeze on his fat feet.
  • Ooooh, IDK. ?K has some Shrek feet, too and his Pedipeds were getting pretty snug on him girth-wise. ?I actually had the best luck with shoes from Stride Rite in XW. ?Sucks that they are so expensive, but I ended up getting K's from the outlet (in San Marcos) for $20. ?

Actually, if the Pedipeds don't work for you either and you think you want to try the SRs, you could go have him fitted to find out what size and I can pick a pair up for you when I go down that way at the end of next week. ?I'm already planning on getting a new pair of sandals for K.?

• Where can I get him fitted? Do they have stores in the malls around here? I'll google it.

Edit: Looks like there is a stride rite outlet in the Allen outlet mall. I will have to check it out tomorrow after swim. Thank you.

• There is also a Stride Rite outlet at Grapevine Mills if the one in Allen doesn't have what you are looking for. G had a pair on the other day when we were at Pedi and she commented on them being good walking shoes b/c of the flexible soles.
  • imagemikey&amie:
    Not sure where you can find them locally, but Pedipeds are by far my favorite.  Robeez (they sell at Baby Gap) are also good, but not my favorite.

You know, I used to love Robeez, but they've changed their sizes and now the 6-12 on T are huge.  Really.  She's now got three pair that she'll probably be wearing NEXT year, at least I hope she can.  I definitely prefer Pedipeds - the link someone posted to the site is a GREAT sale and you can also find them on eBay.

• and here's where the Bad Mommy Alert chimes:  I just got Kitten some cheapasss Carters shoes because hello...they're outside walking shoes and she's thrashing thehell out of them.  She goes barefoot in the house but I put her in "shoes" for outside because we have some pretty rough pavement.  I'm not spending $$$ on shoes for a baby that she's going to grow out of in a month.  

Again...I'm a bad mommy and I'm not spending $$$$ on shoes she's going to thrash outside in the dirt Devil

• imagedrunkenwife:

Again...I'm a bad mommy and I'm not spending $$$$ on shoes she's going to thrash outside in the dirt?Devil

You aren't a bad mommy at all. Probably a very smart one. DD's pedipeds are holding up really well outside. That's how I justified getting the exact same pair in the size up.?

• imagedrunkenwife:

and here's where the Bad Mommy Alert chimes:  I just got Kitten some cheapasss Carters shoes because hello...they're outside walking shoes and she's thrashing thehell out of them.  She goes barefoot in the house but I put her in "shoes" for outside because we have some pretty rough pavement.  I'm not spending $$$ on shoes for a baby that she's going to grow out of in a month.  

Again...I'm a bad mommy and I'm not spending $$$$ on shoes she's going to thrash outside in the dirt Devil

Um, no one calls anyone else a bad mommy for their personal choices.  My daughter is in daycare so I prefer to send her in shoes and will spend the $ on them.  Do what you want, it's your kid.

ETA: I should say on THIS board they don't; if you post this on 6-12 you may get a completely different answer.  Heh.

• Oooh! ?I didn't know there are SR outlets so close!

Drunken, I won't be calling you a bad mom. ?I would gladly put my kiddos feet in cheaper shoes, but I would have to cut off a toe or something to make them fit. ?Only the expensive ones fit the chub :(?

• flygeahflygeah member
    imageCreamPuff06:
    imagedrunkenwife:

and here's where the Bad Mommy Alert chimes:  I just got Kitten some cheapasss Carters shoes because hello...they're outside walking shoes and she's thrashing thehell out of them.  She goes barefoot in the house but I put her in "shoes" for outside because we have some pretty rough pavement.  I'm not spending $$$ on shoes for a baby that she's going to grow out of in a month.  

Um, no one calls anyone else a bad mommy for their personal choices.  My daughter is in daycare so I prefer to send her in shoes and will spend the $ on them.  Do what you want, it's your kid.

ETA: I should say on THIS board they don't; if you post this on 6-12 you may get a completely different answer.  Heh.

Ditto

He stomps around all day in daycare and I find that the Pediped hold up the best compared to the cheaper shoes, and he wears those just about everyday... they are still in great shape.  He also has a big foot.. he actually outgrew the cheap shoes much faster than the pedipeds. 

When we have more variety of shoes.. yeah he will have some cheap ones in there... shoot I am a cheap person, but going cheap this time backfired because I wound up spending more to get shoes that worked for him. 

It's your money get what you think your daughter needs...who care what anyone else thinks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"