Preemies
Options

It is still Friday, so why are you smiling?

I missed seeing this post today and thought I would start it in Ruby Red's absence ...

BR smile:  Madeline has had a great week ... a carnival was in town (see siggy), she got to play at the new splash pad several days this week and LOVED it, and today she had gymnastics and had a blast.

NBR smile:  I went out last night by myself with out DH or Madeline and met other women for a Mom's Night Out with the Mom's group I joined last week.  FUN !!!  Adult conversation and a break ... I needed it and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Re: It is still Friday, so why are you smiling?

• Options

Aww thanks! I had today off or work, and didn't have time to post! Where did find a Mom's night out group? I have been thinking that I need some friends LOL...

So:

NBR: I had today off of work! Three day weekend! haha

BR: Ruby started walking this week. Bittersweet but still makes me smile! I can't believe my 10 months old preemie is walking! I mean, really? Really?

• Options

What?!  RubyRed...that is AWESOME!!  That is making me smile now!

I am smiling because DH and I actually did something on a Friday!  We took the munchkin mini golfing.  I lost by about 6 strokes but I blame it on having a 17+ lb. baby bjorned boy on me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG ... Ruby is WALKING?!   A little precocious isn't she!  LOL.  Totally bittersweet ... but a great milestone as well!  Congratulations to you.  Party!!!

I found the Mom's Group through meetup.com.  It is really a playgroup/Mom's group.  They have activities that are Moms only and ones that are playdates as well.  Many of the groups in my area were full and taking people only on a waiting list, but this one was open and I thought it would be a good group for me because it is for Moms who are 35 yrs old and older and I'm 38.  Some of the other groups around here are a lot younger and have more drama than I want to deal with.   I had gbeen hoping to make friends at Madeline's library story time or at her gymnastics class, but that just wasn't happening like I was hoping and so I decided to try a Moms group.  I also looked on Yahoo Groups and found one and my membership in that one is pending.  Good luck finding a group!

• Options

NBR: I got an A in both my classes this semester (for the 1st time since I started my Masters) and it brought my overall GPA up .1 of a point.

BR: Marino gained almost a lb in 2 weeks after not gaining at all for 6 weeks. He's up to 19lb, 5 oz (13th percentile).

Also, I get to meet 4 awesome preemies and 3 awesome mamas IRL on Sunday!!

• Options

Oh I love reading these!!

NBR smile: spending time with DH and mom this afternoon when they made me take a break from the NICU...I didn't realize how much I needed to eat and needed the company! They were really great :) So sort of baby-related but that is my world right now ;)

BR: Jackson is out from the bili lights for now and in a regular crib! They are keeping his isolette close by just to ward off a high bilirubin, but that's ok. He is still on room air and has not had any desats or apnea. Still without an IV. Only had to put about 5ml of his bottle through the NG today (he was just so tired!) But the thing that made me smile the most? Putting baby clothes on our little man!!! He is such a cutie and the carter's preemie clothes fit him perfectly!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFutureMrsDenman:

OMG ... Ruby is WALKING?!   A little precocious isn't she!  LOL.  Totally bittersweet ... but a great milestone as well!  Congratulations to you.  Party!!!

Yes, she really is! As soon as she decides to do something, she is determined and will keep trying until it's done! Thankfully she hasn't learned to climb into the bathtub and turn on the shower, like she wants to, or I'd really be in trouble!

I might look into a Mom's group. I feel like I don't have any free time. But I'm sure I could do once a month or something. I kind of lost my social network when I had the baby. My husband still goes out about twice a month with them, but I just don't go since I don't want to get a sitter to go sit at a bar, kwim? I have two girlfriends who have kids, one has six and they seem to always be sick, so we never hang out. The other seems to be too overwhelmed with motherhood to return my calls hahaha.

Don't you wish we all lived near each other? I can't believe 4 or you actually get to hang out this weekend! What a dream!

And Sarah, that is so awesome that your little man is doing so well, and getting to wear his little clothes! Hooray!

• Options

Oh, I have more, since I'm the only one around right now...

NBR: Hubby just went on a dessert run haha... Red velvet cake is on its way!

BR: Our aunt is in town for the night and is staying in Ruby's room, which mean Ruby gets to sleep with us in our bed! I love cosleeping and miss it. I feel like I get an extra 8 hours with my peanut! Even if she does like to pull my hair Wink

• Options
    mcdevmcdev member

Congratulations Ruby!!

BR: ?Keira put herself into a sitting position ?yesterday.

Claire told me that I was her "best pal EVER." ?She then patted my head and said, "And I'll always have your back." ?I have no idea where she got that from, but I laughed about it all day.

?

NBR: ?I'm having a couple of girlfriends over tomorrow for margaritas on the deck. ?DH is taking the kids to the airport to pick up his mom who has been out of town.?

Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options

NBR- We had my class's end of the year program and it was so sweet.  Every one of my parents showed up and we watched a video montage of photos from the year.  It really reminded my why I love my job ('cause I forget sometimes) and that I'll really miss my little friends next year.

BR- We're meeting some friends with their 2 year old for an event in the park today.  It's going to be fun!  Campbell loves her friend Emily.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"