Houston Babies

My first official question

When you were pregnant, at any point did your tastebuds seem out of whack and make things taste totally funky to you?  Today I have discovered that both Coke and Dr. Pepper (from Sonic, no less) are tasting totally bizarre to me.  Hasn't been a problem prior to today though.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My first official question

• Yup! Alot of things changed for me...not sure what causes it, but everything goes back to normal after the baby comes!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Absolutely!  Very few things tasted normal to me.  Except fruit.  I has alot of that.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageucalum93:
    Absolutely!  Very few things tasted normal to me.  Except fruit.  I has alot of that.

Tangy, yet sweet, juicy fruits are the best thing in the world to me right now - especially pineapple!  Mandarin oranges and cherries are also my friends.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep... I don't remember this happening too much with my other two, but with this kiddo.. Diet Coke is the worst tasting drink ever along with most soda's... which is very sad for me. LOL  Also, Whataburger ketchup doesn't taste the same. 
    ~*~Jenn~*~
  • Yes!  Fruit didn't taste good to me (except watermelon).  I LOVE fruit and used to eat quite a bit during the day, but I hardly ever did during pregnancy.  My DS is 9 weeks and I'm still not liking it all that much :( 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep - any type of tomato based sauce tasted strange to me.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RaeAntRaeAnt member
    A lot of things taste weird to me as well. I don't know whether it's also smell related or not since everything seems to have a stronger smell. It's very frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had a super sniffer.  I could smell jason smoking OUTSIDE from INSIDE the house... it skeeved me out. 

I also had a huge aversion to chicken.  

• AbbyMaeAbbyMae member
    Yes....asian food disgusted me during first tri. We'd have stir fry or something asian/chinese/vietnamese every other night during the week, but during first tri all I wanted was fruit, cheese, crackers, and cereal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yes my taste buds changed right at 7 weeks until the day i was on week 15!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"