Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

it's 5am and my husband is still snoring.

i introduced myself to the board by announcing i was getting a d&c and that my husband was keeping me up snoring. well, i had the d&c a few days ago, and i'm having trouble sleeping to begin with, and yes. husband is still snoring.

part of the reason i'm awake is because i am having major cramps and increased bleeding and that woke me up, and now worry/sadness is keeping me awake. i'm just wondering... did your drs perscribe you anything, either for physical pain, emotional sanity,  or the hope of sleep, after your m/c? i could have sworn mine was supposed to but i guess he changed his mind cause i got nothing except advise to take some advil.

p.s.-- i hate that facebook itself somehow found out i was pregnant and is still posting adds about newborns and becoming a mom.

Re: it's 5am and my husband is still snoring.

• Options
    kepkep member
    I am so sorry. I hope you get some sleep soon. The nights are hard for me, too. My MD prescribed pain medication--yours should have, too (IMO). Maybe he (or she) can call in a prescription for you.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options

Yes, my doctor did prescribe pain medication, which I didn't really need but it did help with both pain and sleep. I think I could have managed without it, but I was glad to have it.

If you are in pain, call the on-call number. Your doctor or his back-up can prescribe something for pain.

Having said that, being unable to sleep has been a huge problem for me. I've been doing a lot of early morning and late-night cooking.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My obgyn prescribed Oxycodone/Apap.  The first night that I found out about the miscarrriage and took Misoprostal, it was difficult to sleep.  I have been better since then with the pain medication.  It makes you a little drowsy, so I only take it at night. 

I was laughing at your post, because my husband was "breathing heavier" this morning.  I am also one of those kind of people that when I cannot sleep I have to get up and do something or eat a snack. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    I didn't end up having the D&C, but my doctor didn't prescribe me anything and I had heavy bleeding and cramps for a while after. My DH snores too, and it was wierd how some nights it would be comforting, and other nights (especially the bad ones) it would drive me crazy and I'd have to go sleep in the guest room... which was supposed to be the baby's room, so that pretty much made things worse.  as for facebook, I think we just notice those types of things more now that the topic of babies and pregnancy is an open wound. ::hugs:: Don't worry things will get easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"