Alabama Babies
Options

Question for the photographers

DH is really wanting to get into photography, and is dying to have a DSLR camera.  I'm thinking of getting him one for our anniversary next week, but don't know what kind to look at.  What would you recommend as a good beginners DSLR?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: Question for the photographers

• Options
    Definitely not a photographer by any means but I really like our nikon D60.  Now they have the one that has digital video and I'm wishing we could have gotten that one
  • Options
    imagesdkrlm:
    Definitely not a photographer by any means but I really like our nikon D60.  Now they have the one that has digital video and I'm wishing we could have gotten that one
    Ditto this, I love our D60. It's really easy to use, and I bought the D60 book for Dummies, it's really helpful too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aubie96aubie96 member

imageAlisha530:
    imagesdkrlm:
    Ditto this, I love our D60. It's really easy to use, and I bought the D60 book for Dummies, it's really helpful too.

ditto any of the Nikons - we opted for the D40 as both our parents have lenses that go w/it that we could borrow if needed.  We took the Italy pics w/that camera and it was GREAT!!!  Def search online as DH found a great deal on ebay where we got ours (it was a store, not an individual)

HTH!!!

• Options

DH bought me a Canon Rebel for my birthday last year and I absolutely love it.  I've found a lot of online (free) tutorials for it to that have taught me how to use the camera in manual mode.

• Options
    I'm also a Nikon girl. ?:) ?The D60 or D90 is a great camera and they just came out with the D5000 that is similar but has video features!! ?
  • Options

Nikon's and Canon's are both really great cameras.  It is very much a personal preference with them.  My dh is more of a Canon guy.  DH's work uses mostly Canon camera's but I know other photographer's that use Nikons and they all get very good quality images.  

As Jackie said a really good one to start with is the Canon Rebel.  That is what DH started out with. 

Check out https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ for some really good prices on cameras.  Places like Best Buy will be way overpriced.   

• Options
    I just bought the Nikon P90. I really love it. It the higher end of the digitals. I would have loved to get the D40 or D60 but I had a gift card to Best Buy and wound up getting it there. I love love love the Nikon line.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"