Baby Showers

Thank you cards for work shower

How would you recommend wording thank you cards for a shower thrown at work?

I received 3 gifts, a bunch of people went in on each of them...but not all of them attended the shower itself.

?Any suggestions??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thank you cards for work shower

• "Thank you so much for your very generous gift, I absolutely loved the {bassinet}.  We had a blast at the shower & you were truly missed!"

or

"The shower was wonderful & you were missed"

Sincerely,

• Good question!

I had a surprise work shower today where I swear 50 people showed up.  I think about 5 got me individual gifts, and about 20 went in on a few very large gifts (my Pack 'n Play, lots of diapers, some cute clothes, etc)...  The rest I think were there to just congratulate me and eat good food (which is great!!)...

So I am wondering if I need to write 20+ thank-yous for the group gift.  The etiquette in my says yes.  My tendency to get hand cramps says no Big Smile.

• Loading the player...
  • At my work we often write the names of all the people who gave one large gift on the envelope of the thank you note and just pass it around crossing off names at it goes.  I think it is a great way to save paper!
  • I would say that yes, you have to write individual thank you notes to each person who contributed to your shower, whether they attended or not, and whether they participated in a joint gift.  Sorry.  Your hand's going to hurt.  I know I'm going to have that problem when I have my work shower in a few weeks, but I'm excited to be getting things!
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At my place of work, the norm is to post a group thank you card in the break room.   I'm sure that probably goes against several rules of etiquette, but that is how it has always been done where I work.  That's what I did when coworkers threw me a bridal shower, in addition to a more personalized thank you for the woman who organized it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"