High-Risk Pregnancy

Introduction

So, I'm looking for way to kill some time. I had my water break on May 18 at 29 weeks, 3 days (preterm PROM) and have been on bed rest in the hospital since then. Which, is absolutely NOT how I envisioned spending the rest of my pregnancy! I was just getting comfortable with my shape, being pregnant and had some cute maternity clothes...now abandoned for the ever stylish hospital gown.

The plan is to try and make 34-36 weeks. (I'm 31 today.) Even best case scenario I'm trying to get my head around the fact that my daughter will be a preemie...the question is only how premature?

And, of course, how to cope with potentially 5 weeks of hospitalized bed rest!

Re: Introduction

• Yeah, hospital bed rest sucks. I only made it 8 days in the hospital before I had to have my son last pg.  It was a long 8 days... I cannot imagine weeks but I would rather be there than spend that time in the NICU after the fact.  If they will let you, and if you have not already - I would go tour the NICU and be able to meet some of the nurses, resp. therapists, etc... they will answer questions and give you an idea of what to expect. I was not allowed to leave my bed but I wish I could have done that... maybe that first trip in there would not have been as overwhelming....

Other than that, I hope you get lots of visitors and good books/magazines.... I know what you mean about the maternity clothes too - It was winter when I was pg with DS and I had just bought new maternity clothes... never wore them - and go figure, next pregnancy, it is summer.... they did however let me wear some of my own clothes and not have to wear a gown all the time... 

Good luck and keep us posted!  Hang in there!

• I wanted to say congrats on making it to 31 weeks!  Every day is a HUGE success, keep reminding yourself of that!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sooo suffering with you.  We are a week apart, same deal...good luck hun...it's NO fun at all to be in the hospital on bedrest...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"