Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Facebook

I never announced I was pregnant on facebook, and only a handful of people knew about the pregnancy and the miscarriage. I didn't change my status, and there weren't hints. Out of the blue a random friend wrote today "Hang in there, thinking about you" which is nice, but, I don't want it broadcasted to the world. I know it could be interpreted in many ways and I can just erase it, but come on..what should I do? Erase it and move on..Ignore it? I know this seems trivial, but I am emotional/on meds/tired and can't make any decisions.

Help!

Re: Facebook

• Delete it!  I know you friend was trying to be helpful, but this is my pet peeve. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesinisterkat01:
    Delete it!  I know you friend was trying to be helpful, but this is my pet peeve. 

I mean, your friend was trying to be helpful.  Sorry!

• Loading the player...
  • i would erase it. i am also getting various comments like that, and i am a private person who prefers to grieve in peace, so i just erase them. maybe writing them a private message to let them know you appreciate the concern should be enough.
    tears in heaven. 5.21.09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had surgery for an ectopic the beginning of this month and apparently someone didn't know that and wrote on my facebook " congrats on the pregnancy!" I want to punch her. Delete your friends comment. 
  • Delete it and then just send her a message saying Thank You.
  • imagemelgurl:
    I had surgery for an ectopic the beginning of this month and apparently someone didn't know that and wrote on my facebook " congrats on the pregnancy!" I want to punch her. Delete your friends comment. 

someone wrote on my blog "hey, ready to pop that kid out yet?" i nearly died. it's not as public as my facebook, in fact most of my friends don't even know i have an online blog or follow it, but still, i really didn't need that comment. i thought about deleting it, but i didn't because... i don't know, it's my blog, my journal. it's a memento of my life, and i don't like to delete things.

but that's a blog, not facebook. if someone made an obvious comment on facebook, i would probably take the suggestions of the other ladies, delete the comment and just send a private message just saying thanks for the support, but please keep things private.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"