Oregon Babies
Options

Need your help Portland Mommas!

We are planning a little weekend vacation to Portland in June.  I know one day we are going to take the kiddos to the Oregon Zoo.  I just have a few questions:

1) How long does it take to fully experience the zoo?

2) Where are the best places to stay that are kid friendly?

3) What places should we definetly not miss? 

This will be my first trip to Portland ever.  I'm excited!  TIA for your help!!

Re: Need your help Portland Mommas!

• Options
    The zoo can be a 3 hour adventure. The exhibits are really well done and there is a petting area for your LO to get the hands on experience. Then across the parking lot is the World Forestry Center and Children's Museum. These could each take an hour depending on the type of exhibit running at the time. Once your done on the hill you should check out OMSI. You will find websites for all 4 so you can determine if there are other activities going the dates you are in town.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband and I just moved to the Portland area, and we went to the zoo for DS's birthday a couple weeks ago.  We got there around 11:30 and were there until closing which was 6, we ate a late lunch there and had a snack so that took up some of our time, but we barely hit all of it. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, I would say that three hours would be at turbo speed. Especially with a little one. I took my 2 year old nephew and it took 4 hours to see about half the exhibits. If you plan to ride the train and see it all you could be there all day. And the Children's Museum is great, but that would take a few hours too.

Have fun. They are great places to visit!

• Options

The Rose Festival is going on the first week of June and there are activities along Waterfront Park (the Willamette River) in downtown Portland.  Saturday Market is also along Waterfront Park and is a neat place to go if you want to do some local shopping and get something unique from Portland.... a lot of handmade crafts, food, etc.

Go to www.metro-parent.com for specifically kid-friendly places to visit, restuarants, etc.  It is a free publication and a wealth of information.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"