Indiana Babies

To go or not to go

Still debating on a wedding that is tomorrow down in southern Indiana.  It's a really good friend so I would *love* to go, but I'm OK if I don't and she totally understands. 

I don't know if I should go or not!!  I wish Ella would come early but I just don't think she will!

WWYD?

Re: To go or not to go

• Go!

Because really, there are only three options.

1.  Stay, and not go into labor and be sad you missed it.

2.  Go, and not go into labor, but have a fun time.

3.  Go, and go into labor, so yay for labor.

(And a distant fourth option of staying and going into labor, but that would be a perfect scenario and those never happen Smile)

• imagekat.in.the.hat:

Go!

(And a distant fourth option of staying and going into labor, but that would be a perfect scenario and those never happen Smile)

Very true... good way to look at it :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't go.  If you weren't dilated, I'd say differently, but 3 cm is a good start and I'd panic if I went into labor away from my hospital.  But, if you're ok with that, then I don't see anything to stop you.
  • I'd weigh out how far it is from your hospital if you did go into active labor.

I'd go if your feeling up to it... it just may be what you need to get the labor kickstarted.  But I'd also be prepared to leave at any minute if you felt bad or were going into active labor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I probably wouldn't go myself, but I think you should.  Just make sure that you have several different routes to get back mapped out in case you do go into labor and need to come back quickly and there is traffic.  And make sure you have a DD to drive you!  Also, will you be comfortable riding in the car that long of a drive? 

• imagemrs.melluvslogan:

I probably wouldn't go myself, but I think you should.  Just make sure that you have several different routes to get back mapped out in case you do go into labor and need to come back quickly and there is traffic.  And make sure you have a DD to drive you!  Also, will you be comfortable riding in the car that long of a drive? 

Well we have our new van and it's quite comfy so I'm not too worried about that... I just don't know! 

BTW, I'm editing the rest of your pics now :)
  • I would probably go, but make sure you know where hospitals are on the way and at your destination, just in case.
  • [

Oh yay! I am so excited to see them!

• imagefruitcakes:
    I would probably go, but make sure you know where hospitals are on the way and at your destination, just in case.

Ditto

The wedding we skipped was for DH's cousin and his FI that we still have yet to meet. ?I was checked on Friday at 3 cm, the OB said that she wasn't comfortable with me going more than two hours away, this was 3+ hrs. And my OB acted like I would have L before my next scheduled appt, so we decided for my comfort not to go. ?I had L on the following Tues. ?Good luck deciding!?

• imagekat.in.the.hat:

Go!

I think Kat has a good approach.  I guess it all depends on how you're feeling.  I was going crazy the day of and before my due date and would have loved to have something really fun to do to get my mind off of the waiting!!!

• Thanks girls!  I think it will come down to how I'm feeling... I was up all night last night and it sucked.  If I'm like that, I doubt I'll go.  Other than that, if I'm feeling good, I might!
  • lemen99lemen99 member

See how you are feeling and make the call - and I like the suggesting of knowing where the hospitals are just in case.

That being said, I probably wouldn't go, but my birth experience was abnormal and I can't imagine going through that at some other hospital away from home!

• Is it an expensive reception?  Did you rsvp yes?  If it is, and she's paying for your meal, I'd try to go if you feel well enough to go.  Obviously she'll understand if you can't go, but if she paid for you and you're able, I think it's the polite thing to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSusieDMB:
    Is it an expensive reception?  Did you rsvp yes?  If it is, and she's paying for your meal, I'd try to go if you feel well enough to go.  Obviously she'll understand if you can't go, but if she paid for you and you're able, I think it's the polite thing to do.

She is aware that I might not be there, she has absolutely no problem with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"