2nd Trimester

How long can you wear regular jeans + bella band?

I'm really dreading having to buy maternity jeans. I haven't found any that look remotely good so far. Does anyone know if you can get away with pre maternity jeans plus a bella band for the whole pregnancy??

I usually wear citizens or Joes jeans which are cut pretty low, but I definitely cannot do them up any more. ?I realize that Citizens do a maternity jean, but I don't want to spend $200 on jeans that I can only wear while pregnant.

Thanks!?

Re: How long can you wear regular jeans + bella band?

• I had to stop a few weeks ago. It was just too uncomfortable.

Pea in the Pod (avail at their stores and at Macy's) sell Secret Belly jeans of all sort of designer brands for around $100. They fit just like my pre preg jeans are are super comfy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Standard answer--everyone is different.  I switched right around 12 weeks because I just wasn't comfortable in the bella band anymore.  I've heard stories of a few women going through their whole pregnancy without buying any mat clothes, but I think that is the exception.  I just bought a pair of mat jeans at gap for $40.  Much more comfortable than the bella band, and still cute enough for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still using the bella band with my jeans
  • I can still wear some of my jeans with the bella band. My problem is that maternity jeans are really baggy in the legs and butt and look funny on me. I did find one pair so far but I hate the back pockets so I only wear them occasionally. I say wear  your regulars with the band until you can't or they look ridiculous.
  • I am still in regular jeans with No bella band. The bella band weirds me out. I plan on going directly to maternity pants (probably sometime soon).
  • Two weeks ago ended my bella band era. My regular jeans can no longer stretch over my gigantic pregnant ass.
  • I might not be helpful because I absolutely hated my bella band. ?I absolutely live in jeans and don't really have a problem wearing the same jeans a few days in a row. ?If I were you, I'd invest in 1 pair of jeans that you love (even if they are on the expensive side) and wear the hell out of them your whole pg. ?Plus, if you are planning on having more kids, you can wear them again. ?Then maybe get a few "supplemental" pairs through Gap. ?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • ivs112ivs112 member
    The bella band was the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me. I didn't go past 15 weeks. Maternity pants are so much more comfortable and they look like my regular pants.
  • i still wear regularjeans with a bella. the jeans are a size larger than the ones i used to wear and they are so soft, stretchy and comfy. i did buy some maternity jeans at some point in 2nd tri though.
  • I was able to wear my normal jeans with the rubberband trick or a bella band until about 18-19 weeks. I have gone to the dark side now and I love my mat pants. If you like gap, they have long and leans for mat that fit just like the non-mat ones. GL!
  • I'm actually still wearing mine together! But I will probably stop soon! Plus it's getting hot so I might not want to wear jeans anyways! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can still wear some of my pants with the bella band. I love my jeans and some I cant wear comfortably but I love my gaucho pants.
  • MadorieMadorie member

I've in maternity pants for 2 or 3 weeks now.  I got sick of squeezing into my regular jeans and always adjusting the bella band.  I did buy a pair of jeans one size up from my regular size because they were on sale and grew out of them ridiculously fast.  I shouldn't have wasted the $ on them and just gone straight to mat pants. 

The mat pants are just so much more comfortable. I've been less cranky since I started wearing them!

• I couldn't stand the bella band, so I transitioned around 10 weeks. I love GAP mat. jeans FWIW.
  • I was about 20 weeks and then the fly was just too open to keep flat with the band .... try e bay for new Citizens maternity jeans....I got a pair - I wouldn't know if they are knock offs (I can't tell the difference - they are supposed to be real) for $115, and it's the only pair of jeans I bought...I've worn them the entire time to get my money's worth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Jeans were the only thing I needed a bella band with from about 12-18 weeks but somewhere around week 19/20 I popped and that about did it for the bella band. It just feels too tight now like I'm squishing the baby plus you can see the weird lumps of the button/zipper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i came on to post about this very topic! I have on the bella band now with my fav jeans and the band rides up when i sit down to i have to fix it every time i stand up. am i wearing it wrong? did i get the wrong size? HELP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Around 17 weeks or so.  We can wear jeans to work.  I have all designer too.  My boss told me I could wear whatever I want... and to stop smooshing the baby.  So from then on, I stopped wearing jeans w/bella band.

I discovered maternity pants and LOVE THEM.  Don't resist.  Sooner you get them, longer you get to enjoy them.  I'm so much more comfy.  I wear maternity cargos, capris and yoga pants.  Cute yet comfy.  I've been eyeballing a pair of Paige maternity jeans but I can do without... more clothes for the baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"