North Carolina Babies

For Those Of You That Went Part Time or Cut Hours

after you had your baby, how many hours do you need to work each week to keep your health insurance? Is it 30 hours? Obviously I do not want to call my useless HR lady to ask her about this, but was curious if it was standard.

Thanks!

Re: For Those Of You That Went Part Time or Cut Hours

• Most companies I've worked for its 32 hours.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I believe ours is 32, but they allow you to keep your insurance under that - you just have to pick up their premium portion. ?I.e. If I went down to 20, they would consider me half-time and I would have to pay half of the additional portion they usually pay in addition to my normal portion.

Ours is all on our Intranet in the employee manuals - do you have anything like that you can look at so you don't have to call??

• Loading the player...
  • No, I have already looked through our manual and could not find anything on this. If I even called HR, she would probably have no clue. So frustrating! That is not a bad deal Evans, to pay half of their portion if you drop to 20 hours. I doubt my company would do that, but if it ever came to that, maybe I could suggest that.

Not cutting my hours anytime soon, just really upset with something that happened and want to explore my options.

Thanks ladies!

• I just went and looked and ours changed their policy. ?They lowered the hours to 29 for being part time and took away the option to pay for it once you go below that.

Boo - last time I looked it was what I said above. ?There goes my ultimate dream of only working T-Th. ?Maybe I can talk my boss into letting me do ten hour days on those day if I ever want to pursue it again...

• imageEvans:

I just went and looked and ours changed their policy.  They lowered the hours to 29 for being part time and took away the option to pay for it once you go below that.

Boo - last time I looked it was what I said above.  There goes my ultimate dream of only working T-Th.  Maybe I can talk my boss into letting me do ten hour days on those day if I ever want to pursue it again...

Boo, that does stink! I was excited about the possibility of that (not that my company would agree though). So they will cover your insurance if you worked 29 hours? That is not such a bad deal. 10 hours days three days a week is not too bad either, especially if you can M and F off. 

• 36 hours at my company.
  • We still have full benefits at no extra cost at 30 hours - 29 makes you part time and you only have part benefits (insurance is no longer one of them, but 401K, cash sharing, DTO, etc. are). ?

I definitely am going to see how things go with 2 LOs and will consider doing the T-Th thing if they let me. ?10 hour days are no biggie to me since I WAH - I end up working most evenings after K goes to bed anyway.?

• It's 30 hours for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 32 hours here
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • 30 hrs for me as well. 
  • It was 32 at the company I worked for.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could you be picked up on your DH policy? 
  • 32 hrs for FT benefits, 20 for PT.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only have to work 20 to keep all of the FT benefits, but that is because I've been with the company for 8 years and was grandfathered into the policy. The current policy is 32 hours.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagelah1177:

after you had your baby, how many hours do you need to work each week to keep your health insurance? Is it 30 hours? Obviously I do not want to call my useless HR lady to ask her about this, but was curious if it was standard.

Thanks!

For me it is 30 hours. So I plan to work four 7.5 hour days and have Fridays off with DS.

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the responses! I may call HR, just to see. My DH works for a small family owned business with so-so benefits and it is really expensive to add me to his policy (my DD is already on his policy). So to add me to his policy and cut my hours is just a tad bit too much. Murph, that is a great schedule and sort of what I had in mind. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"