Alabama Babies

Question

Hi ladies.  I know some of you from the Bama Nest board but that board has been super dead lately and I have a semi- bump related question.  I have horrible migraines especially in the two weeks before AF.  My doc suggested coming off birth control.  Did any of you ladies who had migraines have improvement with them after stopping birth control?  DH and I have been discussing TTC in the next coming year, nothing definite yet as we are hoping to be moving in the fall.  So I was kind of considering coming off it anyways.I have to do something about my migraines though and if this would make a real difference, then I am all for it.  TIA

This board seems to be hopping.  Maybe I will post over here some with all you ladiesWink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question

• MissLMSMissLMS member

I don't have any advice for you with the migraines, but I did get off the BCP about a year and a half before we started TTC. If I weren't so deadset on waiting a few years until our next child I probably wouldn't be getting back on the pill.

You should definitely come join us over here!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• uagirluagirl member

I never really had migraines until about 6 months before stopping birth control.  I was having migraines, dizziness, and my blood pressure was as high as 150/100.  Within two weeks of stopping birth control, my blood pressure was normal, and the migraines and dizziness went away. I felt so much better, and can't imagine ever taking birth control again.

If you want to try and avoid for a while, look into getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility and/or go through the courses on Fertility Friend.  TCOYF was a hard read for me, and I found the FF tutorials pretty simple and straightforward.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Loading the player...
  • I think Katie (aubie)'s migraines improved a lot once she got off BCP.  She'll probably be around tomorrow and would have more info
  • I was taking a low dose bcp and when I went off of it my migraines went away almost immediately.

Pregnancy Ticker

• aubie96aubie96 member

imageSoon2BMrsWiley:
    I think Katie (aubie)'s migraines improved a lot once she got off BCP.  She'll probably be around tomorrow and would have more info

I'm here :)

Jaime - yep, I had migraines ALWAYS around menstrating.  So I was on something during the menstration to prevent me from having them.  When I got off BCP in Dec, I have only had one mild one and another mild one today (ha, just the irony of that huh?) so I don't think I'll go back on BCP again.  OB/GYN TOTALLY thinks its related to the BCP.  So after having kids we'll figure an alternative.

If you want to chart and get TCOYF then it would probably help. 

• Thanks for the help ladies.  I think that is what I am going to do.  I have got to try something b/c I just can't take it anymore.  I will definately pick up TCOYF.  Sure I will have lots of questions though....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"