Adoption
Options

Orphan Movie

I recieved this email (forwarded) this morning. Take a look at the trailer...you can view it in this link to view the email     (Don't open around children...it looks like a horror film)

Any thoughts? 

Re: Orphan Movie

• Options

I saw a preview for this a while ago, and my first instinct was hurt and anger. 

But then, I thought it's just like any other horror movie.  Their whole formula is to taking stereotype, and twist it to its most extreme conclusion.  Like the abused child who goes on to torture and kill--animals first, then humans.  Or the raped/battered woman who takes revenge against all abusive husbands/fathers.  Or the boy who witnessed the murder of his family members and goes on to be the vigilante killer.  It's just a premise twisted with the bizarre, and taken to the extreme, except that this time it happens to be about an adopted child.

So I choose not to let it get me all riled up.  Hopefully people will see it for what it is, and not form generalizations about adoptive families based on its warped plot.

Still, I do believe adoptive families face enough stigmas without movies like this encouraging their perpetuation.

• Options

I am w/CS. 

With most of Hollywood entertainment, there are inaccuracies and I hope to think most people don't dwell on the details.  I get more irritated when inaccuracies are shared on programs like Dr. Phil where viewers believe he speaks the truth!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"