North Carolina Babies

NBR: bleaching?

I hate to admit it but I'm starting to get the darker hairs on the outside corners on my upper lip--I knew it was coming b/c both my mom and grandma have the same issue. ?I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon. ?:( ?It's not *that* noticable yet but I can see it and it bugs me.

So what are the good options here? ?I know some people wax but with how pale and sensitive my skin is I think I'd be red for days and from what I've heard, you've got to really stay on top of it and go regularly which I am not good at at all. So I was considering bleaching--any thoughts? ?I've heard it can make the skin more sun sensitive and cause that skin to darken some? ?I just don't know what a good solution is! ?I'd appreciate thoughts/experiences.

?

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: bleaching?

• i have a lot of fuzz on my face in general... i swear i'm part italian haha but i used to bleach my fuzz bc it really bothered me in the winter specifically - and i used something called derma somethign...sorry i can't remember the name of it, but they don't have a ton of choices, so i'm sure any of them would be fine.  the only thing i remembered is that it would bleach my skin slightly as well.  not horribly noticable, and it was probably only for a day or so that i could see it. 

i never had any problems with it making my skin more sensative to sunlight but then i mostly used this in the winter bc in the summer the sun would bleach my face hair for me lol. 

have you considered nair as an alternative?  or something like nair that's made specifically for your face? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my sister bleached and it did make her tan more on her upper lip.  she always put 70spf on her lip and it still didn't really help.  she went to the dermatologist about it and quit bleaching.  i don't know if the derm suggested this, but she now uses nair instead of the bleach.  she likes it much better and she doesn't have a dark upper lip now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hmmm...hadn't thought about Nair. ?I might try that b/c that's something I can do at home and be better about doing it as opposed to having to go somewhere.

?

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had mine waxed a couple times, and each time I swear that I'll never do it again. I break out in horrible small acne bumps on my upper lip for 1+ weeks and have redness for a few days. Totally not worth it. I may try nair too - seems like it's worth a shot.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• imageflamencogal:

hmmm...hadn't thought about Nair.  I might try that b/c that's something I can do at home and be better about doing it as opposed to having to go somewhere.

i use this, which is similar to nair.  works well but you really have to watch the time!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • imagesophabelle:

That's what I use as well. I've never had problems with skin discoloration. It will make my skin where I used the bleach slightly lighter for a couple hours, but I've never had a problem with it getting more tan or burned than the rest of the skin on my face when I go into the sun. I don't really like the idea of using something that actually removes the hair, because I don't want to have dark little stubble growing in (I feel like you'd have to use it more frequently).

• If you are willing to spend a little money - get it lasered off.  I've had my pits done and it's great! 

It must be done at least 3 times - because of hair growth cycles and is likely to hurt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"