Houston Babies

CIO for naps question

How long did your baby keep crying if you did this for naptime?

We're on our third week of doing it, and Marion still cries every time I put her down.  Sometimes it's just for five minutes, sometimes its for thirty (or longer.)

I always wait for her to tell me she's tired (yawning and some eye rubs) then it's a quick rocking session and some bottle if she wants it, then I put her down, pat her back, tell her it's naptime and I love her, then walk out.

Depending on the intensity of her cry, I may or may not check on her.

I just thought this would have stopped after three weeks....

Re: CIO for naps question

• mom2llmom2ll member
    almost 16 months and counting...  I have a non napper...  It's the pits...
  • If Joe would ever cry for longer than 5 minutes, I would go get him and keep him up for another 30 mins and then try again. This is not ferber or any other scientific method of doing it. It is how my MIL said she did it with her kids. If they cry for more than 5 mins, they obviously arent' tired enough to go to sleep (during the day).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsMGR:
    If Joe would ever cry for longer than 5 minutes, I would go get him and keep him up for another 30 mins and then try again. This is not ferber or any other scientific method of doing it. It is how my MIL said she did it with her kids. If they cry for more than 5 mins, they obviously arent' tired enough to go to sleep (during the day).

This is what I did for naps.

Also Ellarie was a weird napper in the day (at first). Once she was down she was down so I knew she needed to nap.

I noticed naps got better when she was around a year. Ellarie and I would stay up late and once we started to get her down at eight she would nap easier. We are pretty much on that same schedule. Bed between 8-9 she wakes up around 7-7:30 and then nap between 12-1 till about 3:30. Now that she is older she stays up a little later and her nap time has moved back an hour. It just may be her body clock? It's a process. I know not all kids are like this. Hang in there and you will get down whats best for your family. You are really doing a great job!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"