North Carolina Babies
Options

Found my dream house

Is it crazy to buy a house right now?  I found the perfect house for us.  DH and I saw it last weekend and I wrote down the address.  I just looked it up.  It's EXACTLY what we want.  It's beautiful, the landscaping is beautiful, it's the right price, it's a story & a half (ranch- so I don't have to worry about stupid stairs anymore) AND it has an office, so DH and I don't have to give up having an office if we have another baby.

I really would like to go for it... but the thought of trying to sell our house is overwhelming. Blech. 

Re: Found my dream house

• Options
    Selling your house would be the problem most likely.  Your house is totally cute so I'm not saying that it is just the market that sucks.  GL in whatever you decide :)
  • Options
    I know- selling our house would be really hard.  There are 4 or 5 other houses for sell in our neighborhood.  :(  Maybe I should talk to our realtor just to get an opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have heard that now is the time to buy... but not a great selling market. You could always put your house on the market and see how it goes. You could list it with someone like My Dog Tess that has lower fess if you do sell quickly.
  • Options

You may be surprised at selling your house. Both Hughes and I sold our places last year in less than 10 days. I think that as long as your house is in good condition, it's neutralized, de-cluttered, etc, you may have a good shot. (I hope I didn't jinx you by saying that!)

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Jules- if there's one thing our house ISN'T, it's neutral.  LOL  We are very fond of color.  We'd either have to re-paint or hope for someone who likes a colorful house.  And our house is such a disaster right now!  I can't imagine trying to get it ready to sell.  Luckily I have an in at a moving company, so we could probably put a ton of stuff in storage for cheap or free if we wanted. 

I do worry because one house on our street has been on the market for a couple of months.  I don't know what they're asking though.  We could probably undercut them quite a bit and still make a good profit on the house b/c we got a great price.  IDK.  I'm definitely putting the cart before the horse here. 

• Options
    Yeah, it's a great time to buy a house, but a crappy time to sell one.  Unless you can afford to make double mortgage payments I'd be hesitant.  We'd have a hard time selling our house right now too I think.  It is so awesome though you found your dream house!  Maybe you should talk to a realtor and just see what they say.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think if the price was right it would sell. We have several for sale in my neighborhood. One went up and was sold within a month, and I am guessing they had a very good price. All the others have been sitting for a while. You could try it and see what happens, the downside is that you have to keep it neat all the time!
  • Options
    PP are right, it is defintely a buyer's market. That said, you can always try to sale it. My dad sold his house in 3 months. I was surprised at how many showings he had! It all depends on your house, neighborhood, price, and the future buyer. If it doesn't work out, maybe you can save the floorplan of the dreamhome and build yourself.
  • Options
    What about trying to rent your current house out if it doesn't sale? ?Just a thought...
  • Options
    That is tough, I would probably try to sell it and see what happens. You never know, it could sell quickly and you could get your dream house :)
  • Options
    DH and I just listed our house for sale yesterday, so I say go for it! We found our dream home about 2 weeks before Luke was due and put in a contingency offer on it. The offer was accepted, so now we just have to sell our house, with a newborn living in it. I know we are crazy but we just had to try. GL with your decision!!!
  • Options

Remeber there is a great tax cut for first time home buyers so if your current house is in that range it may sell faster than you think.  We've had our townhouse in Rock Hill on the market for two months and although it hasn't sold we have had a ton of showings. I feel pretty confident it will sell in the next month or so.  It can't hurt to put your house on the market and see what happens. It is a buyers market that is for sure. Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"