Houston Babies

s/o baby crack machine

do you let it play all night or does it shut off after a certain amount of time?

I have an ipod set up in DS room that plays lullabies (rockabye baby CDs), and I found a white noise/nature sounds CD on itunes that I could download to it, but it's only about an hour long.  Do you think that would work the same?  Does it need to play all night? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: s/o baby crack machine

• I can sort of answer (because we're still working on the crib/pnp at night).  During his naps, I leave it on the whole time (which was about 2 hours yesterday!)  I anticipate that I'll probably leave it on all night once he starts sleeping in his crib at night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I leave it on all night.  There is an option on the machine to only let it play 30/60/90 minutes if you want.  I have tried both ways and prefer all night.  I feel like when they wake up and hear it, they soothe back to sleep better (but I might just be making that up! lol). 

It plugs into the wall and has a place for batteries if you need it to be portable.

• Loading the player...
  • imageluckygirl07:

do you let it play all night or does it shut off after a certain amount of time?

I have an ipod set up in DS room that plays lullabies (rockabye baby CDs), and I found a white noise/nature sounds CD on itunes that I could download to it, but it's only about an hour long.  Do you think that would work the same?  Does it need to play all night? 

To answer your question - if you want to download the nature sounds first and see if it would work, then I would try it.  He might just need it to fall asleep, and be ok afterwards.  Look for a "rain" or "waves/ocean" sound.  Something that is consistant without much variation.  Almost like tv fuzz.

• Ours stays on all night and has been that way since the beginning. ?I feel like it would be too disturbing to her sleep if she woke up in the middle of the night and the nice, peaceful rain sound had gone away. ?It also helps block out the sounds we make downstairs if we're doing dishes, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"