Orange County Babies
Options

work vent - ugh

I really hate my job right now.  I have to say I am grateful to at least have a job and be making money in this economy, so I really hate to be complaining right now, but I really work for a bunch of @ssholes.  Last week I was called into a office of a male coworker (not my boss) and told that he had been hearing complaints about my breast and that "they" were concerned that I wouldnt dress myself appropriately for a upcoming Board of Directors meeting.  I am floored that they would tell a pregnant woman that her breast are too big and that a male non-supervisor would be sent to say something.  My direct supervisor knew nothing about it. 

So at the advice of my husband, I wrote a letter to my direct supervisor letting him know that I was uncomfortable with the situation and that I am dissapointed in the lack of leadership in my office.  I also stated that it was admitted that the male coworker did not consult the dress code before saying anything and to date, I don't have specific incidences of violation.  So now, I have an appointment with HR (set up by our office manager) to discuss the dress code because supposedly I apparently have questions about it.  Nevermind the inappropriate handling of the situation.  I am so annoyed and now they are going to sweep the whole thing under the table.  I can not believe I work for a Presbyterian organization, I am ashamed to say I work there.  ugh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: work vent - ugh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"