South Florida Babies

Double Strollers/Sit n Stand?

So, I have been thinking about this for a while. Sophia will be 2.5 when this new baby is born. For the first few months while I am at home Sophia will continue going to daycare and keeping in her routine while I am on leave. I figure during the day I will use the infant carrier and snap n go like I did with Sophia. However, I am also researching double strollers and since Sophia will be older I want one that grows with her. I like the sit n stand ones but don't know anyone who has one. I feel like investing in a monster double stroller when Sophia is outgrowing it so quickly is a waste so I thought something like a sit n stand, which will grow with her, would be perfect. The one on www.onestephead.com starts off as a double stroller with clothe seats but can be changed to a sit and stand in the back.  

Can anyone recommend one? Yays or Nays?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Double Strollers/Sit n Stand?

• I have a friend who has one, maybe Erin, I dont' remember who, but she said that the older kid couldn't sleep in the stroller while they were out during nap time, since it is a hard surface and sitting stright up position.  I think, although Sophie will be two and a half, for about a year after the new baby comes, she will still need the stroller, so I would get a double, but mabe somehting small like Dawn got for Kate and Noah.  I think he was two and a half when Kate was born, and as a mommy of a two and a halfer, I still NEED my stroller, and dont see a time in the near future where I won't.

GL I am SOOO excited for you! 

• I know Dawn is really excited about the new one she just got.  You may want to check with her on FB as I don't think she can reply here yet. GL!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the sit and stand and HATE it! Gaby even at age 4 still takes naps during the day and when we go out and she is sleepy we can't do anything but have her head rest against Alejandro's baby bag or Mario has to carry her. I want to get a new stroller but my mother in-law gave us the stroller and you know how that goes. Well I don't want to hurt her feelings.

We were at the mall one day and saw this lady with a double stroller (side by side) and it was PERFECT. She had a little girl, looked like Gaby's age and a car seat in the other! I literally stopped her and asked her where she got her stroller. She mentioned Amazon.com I searched for the stroller and never found it!

I would suggest getting the version of the sit and stand that has 2 actual reclining seats and it also has the "Standing" feature.

https://www.justdoublestrollers.com/double-strollers/tandem-double-strollers/joovybigcaboosestrollerblack.cfm

Is you don't like that one, I would suggest getting a double stroller that both seats have snack trays, have the one in the front detach so Sophia can have leg room. 

https://www.justdoublestrollers.com/double-strollers/tandem-double-strollers/gracoquattrotourduodoublestrollerrittenhouse.cfm

Good luck on your search. 

• I have  3 neighbors that have sit n stands and they all hate it. They said the older child is so uncomfortable and always tries to jump out of it, and the younger child's seat is not nearly cozy enough for a nap. that one on Onestepahead does look like a cool option though since it's both a double AND a sit n stand. But I would probably opt for a regular front to back double stroller. (the side by side ones are not good because the older kid can hit the baby or steal her bottle, lol! i've seen it happen!)

• I think we need to ask Mrs. Dawn about her new stroller....
  • Our friends who have a 3 and a half year old and an 8 month old have a Phil and Teds like this: https://www.amazon.com/Phil-Teds-Buggy-Doubles-Black/dp/B001D62PYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1243616179&sr=1-1

Honestly, I think it's incredibly awkward looking with the infant stuck behind the older child like that, but they are the ones using it every day and they SWEAR by it. They say it handles like a dream and they love that it's as narrow as a traditional single stroller. That piece in the back for the smaller baby can be removed, so when Sophia outgrows the stroller altogether, you can convert it to a traditional single stroller to use with Baby #2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

Our friends who have a 3 and a half year old and an 8 month old have a Phil and Teds like this: https://www.amazon.com/Phil-Teds-Buggy-Doubles-Black/dp/B001D62PYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1243616179&sr=1-1

Honestly, I think it's incredibly awkward looking with the infant stuck behind the older child like that, but they are the ones using it every day and they SWEAR by it. They say it handles like a dream and they love that it's as narrow as a traditional single stroller. That piece in the back for the smaller baby can be removed, so when Sophia outgrows the stroller altogether, you can convert it to a traditional single stroller to use with Baby #2.

I also have friends with this stroller and they really like it.  Is it just me or every time I hear of Phil and Ted's I think of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and I can't get a picture of Keanu Reeves saying excellent out of my head.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here is Dawns answer to her stroller.

I have a Maclaren Twin Techno. I've had the single Techno XT for a few years and love it so it was the next step. Pros - it's fabulous! It fits through all doorways that a wheelchair will fit through, it steers like a dream and it's very sturdy but folds down small, with the side to side there is no kicking of seats (like we had with the front/back). Cons - it's not easy to fold and open and it takes some getting used to, without the optional organzier the storage is a bit difficult, there is no snack tray, and some aisle are hard to get down. All in all I love it and after looking at all the doubles and having one before this, this is my favorite.

• Excellent!!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • I totally missed your announcement the other day.... CONGRATS!
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagerach312:

I also have friends with this stroller and they really like it.  Is it just me or every time I hear of Phil and Ted's I think of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and I can't get a picture of Keanu Reeves saying excellent out of my head.  

I always think the SAME thing!!!! LOL!

• imageMelanieJH1016:
    imagerach312:

I always think the SAME thing!!!! LOL!

Same here!!! I can't take that stroller serious. Big Smile

• LOL yes! I totally think of Bill and Ted!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didnt' realize you were pregnant...CONGRATULATIONS!  Sorry - I've been MIA.  We have a Sit and Stand Stroller and love it!  However, it can sometimes be difficult to maneuver but all and all - I am very happy with it.  Eli likes that he has an option to sit or stand. He gets very excited b/c he can buckle himself in.
  • I have the have the peg perego 60/40 and simply cannot live without it!

I hear what your are saying about the snap n go I used mine when mario was in school and I was out with the infant BUT when with both I use the double!!!

perfect everywhich about it!

both kids can NAP!!! the carrier snaps in to it...its only 17 lbs...material is washable

nicolas is now 9 months and mario 3.5 and I use it everyday, wouldnt want it any other way,

I have tried the whole okay nicolas u go in the shopping cart and mario you wak (i.e the grocery store) it ain't happening!

etc...I introduced the new stroller to mario has his way of "protecting" the baby since he was now a BIG BOY and BIG BROTHER, therefore circumventing mario from wanting to hit his brother...(i hope)

my gf had the graco front and back and HATED IT...many reasons, etc..

My other gf has the sit and stand and the older kid hits the little one in the head..etc

GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS I missed the announcement too!!!!

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
  • When Ian was born we got the sit and stand from one step ahead.  I have to be honest, I hated it.  The front seat barely reclined and it was just big and bulky.  I think that I stressed out for 9 months for the perfect stroller and I honestly found it.  I ended up getting the Double City Mini stroller by Baby Jogger.  It is great.  It folds flat. It has these two straps at the bottom of the seats that you pull and it folds flat.  I can load up the mini van or even the sonata with the stroller and everything else that I schlep around. Alexis and Ian both love the stroller.  It was comfortable in Disney and easy to take the transportation.  If you want any other info on it or see the kids in pictures, just look up my latest ones on FB from Memorial Day weekend of Disney.

Here is a link to the stroller as well.  

https://www.arunningstroller.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ARS&Product_Code=BJCMDbl&Category_Code=BJ

Also here is the link to Baby Jogger with alot of accesories and stuff...

https://www.arunningstroller.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ARS&Category_Code=BJ

A running stroller has all kinds of strollers as well.  If you need anything, let me know.  BTW did you ever get my email on FB?

• imageprincess370:

I have the have the peg perego 60/40 and simply cannot live without it!

I hear what your are saying about the snap n go I used mine when mario was in school and I was out with the infant BUT when with both I use the double!!!

perfect everywhich about it!

both kids can NAP!!! the carrier snaps in to it...its only 17 lbs...material is washable

nicolas is now 9 months and mario 3.5 and I use it everyday, wouldnt want it any other way,

I have tried the whole okay nicolas u go in the shopping cart and mario you wak (i.e the grocery store) it ain't happening!

etc...I introduced the new stroller to mario has his way of "protecting" the baby since he was now a BIG BOY and BIG BROTHER, therefore circumventing mario from wanting to hit his brother...(i hope)

my gf had the graco front and back and HATED IT...many reasons, etc..

My other gf has the sit and stand and the older kid hits the little one in the head..etc

GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS I missed the announcement too!!!!

We also have the Peg Perego 60/40 and like it a lot.  It fits through all doorways, it's light enough for me to carry one-handed, and I like the side-by-side aspect.  It also handles really really well.  I looked at the Phil & Ted's, and I was surprised at how much I disliked it--I really thought I would get it till I tried it out at the store.

Congrats again, and good luck with your search.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"