Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

We went from STTN to up every 2hrs

This week sucks! By some amazing feat my son STTN on Mon or Tues night. He usually only wakes once a night. But after the STTN he started waking twice and than last night...ugh! Up every 2hrs. Grunting and kicking and trying to eat his incline!

LOL He's proped up because of reflux and I'd peek at him and he'd be stretching his lil body trying to "eat" it LOL poor bebe!

Re: We went from STTN to up every 2hrs

• Not that this will solve the waking up issue, but could you put a towel under one end of the mattress to incline the whole mattress so there is nothing for him to try to 'eat'?

I hope he goes back to STTN for you!?

• Oh man, i cringe remembering those kind of nights, no real advice (advise?), but avz idea sounded pretty good
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried letting him sleep in the swing? DD had reflux and I swear that swing saved my life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sucks, however, my child has NEVER STTN, I would LOVE for her to only wake 1x/night (we are making progress though). Be thankful for the rest you have gotten many of us are not so lucky!

Maybe something is going on with him, teething, growth spurt etc. I know when DD wakes more than usual something is going on. She is also on an wedge.?

I am sure he will go back to his old ways, a lot of it is habit, if they are used to waking at a certain time they will. ?

ETA: geez I hope I didn't come off as a biiiatch, not what I meant to do. ?

Me:37 DH: 40
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Pregnant after 1 year of trying! Ended in m/c 2/4/11
    Cycle #1 with RE: Clomid 50mg =BFN
    Acupuncture & vitamins/DHEA started
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemlhowe07:

ETA: geez I hope I didn't come off as a biiiatch, not what I meant to do.  

LOL. You are the least biiitchy person I have ever met.

• I guess we haven't hung out enough, or maybe I've mellowed out since becoming a mommie!
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
  • imageJessibell:
    imagemlhowe07:

ETA: geez I hope I didn't come off as a biiiatch, not what I meant to do.  

LOL. You are the least biiitchy person I have ever met.

Ha ha, I was going to say the same!

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder about the teething thing though. The last few nights I've noticed he is warm and clamy (when everyone else in the house is comfortable and he only has ona  thing shirt) but yet he has no temp (I've checked a few times) and he's been chewing on his paci. now this wakefulness...but he's only going on 12wks, this cant be happening yet. Right??

• I think DD showed signs of teething at about 3 months but they were on & off. They didn't erupt until a few weeks ago. It can take a looong time for the 1st teeth to come in. I have a friend (yes, hard to believe I know LOL) who's baby also took 3 months to get her 1st teeth.?
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
  • imagemlhowe07:
    I think DD showed signs of teething at about 3 months but they were on & off. They didn't erupt until a few weeks ago. It can take a looong time for the 1st teeth to come in. I have a friend (yes, hard to believe I know LOL) who's baby also took 3 months to get her 1st teeth.

Oh lordy! 3 months of teething?! I dont think we can handle that! lol

• imagemlhowe07:

Maybe something is going on with him, teething, growth spurt etc. I know when DD wakes more than usual something is going on. She is also on an wedge. 

This. I bet he is teething or a growth spurt. Both my boys would wake up during these periods.

• imagemlhowe07:
    I think DD showed signs of teething at about 3 months but they were on & off. They didn't erupt until a few weeks ago. It can take a looong time for the 1st teeth to come in. I have a friend (yes, hard to believe I know LOL) who's baby also took 3 months to get her 1st teeth.

Also my DD has been "cutting" her molars for almost 3 months now. I curse those teeth every night, just when I think yes here they come no such luck. 

Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegigimarie:

imagemlhowe07:

Also my DD has been "cutting" her molars for almost 3 months now. I curse those teeth every night, just when I think yes here they come no such luck. 

Teething is a biitch! We're still working on a canine tooth and the 2nd molars over here. 

Ear infections and teething were the reasons why Emma would wake up so much like that. It was hard to tell at first since she would never run a fever or anything. She would not sleep and be very fussy all day.

• imageSarahb34743:

imagemlhowe07:

Oh lordy! 3 months of teething?! I dont think we can handle that! lol

It isn't constant (at least for us it wasn't), until they started actively emerging, then it was about 2 weeks of constant crying, fussiness, clingyness, waking etc. Try some tylenol & teething tablets.

TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
  • imagegigimarie:

imagemlhowe07:

Poor Sophia & mama!

TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"