Indiana Babies

37w dr. appointment

Well, no dilation but my cervix is apparently soft. That's a good sign! Doctor said it's harder to ripen a hard cervix than it is to get dilation going if I need to be induced later, so that's good news I guess.

I was irrationally hoping I was dilated, though, so I walked away feeling disappointed. Oh well!

My blood pressure was WAY down which is awesome, but she's still a little concerned about just how swollen my feet are. She actually said I win the swelling award today for worst feet and ankles. NICE.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 37w dr. appointment

• Can't believe you're getting so close!  I remember leaving the OB's office feeling disappointed about no progression...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Hey, progression doesn't mean anything.  I'm 3cm and nothing... so hang in there!  Great BP though, sorry about the swelling :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea...my cervix has been soft since Mother's Day's trip to the hospital with contractions.  I have an appointment Tuesday and we will see if that is still where I am at.
  • lemen99lemen99 member

All in all, that sounds pretty good, well except the swollen feet - bummer. 

:: happy dilating dance ::

• I can't believe how close you are. You look super cute btw.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • First off, I'm am so, so, so, so happy for you that your blood pressure was down.  It's so much nicer to be able to go into labor on your own then have to be put on bedrest and induced.  That's just way awesome for you and Ella!

Swelling is normal.  I know that sounds weird, but the majority of pregnant ladies swell BIG time in the ankles/feet, especially in the end.  Mine looked like coke cans and hurt like a ***.

YAY for a soft cervix, too!!  From what I've read, it's more of a step for the cervix to soften than it is to dilate.  It's easier to dilate quicker with a soft cervix.

• Hang in there!
  • Bummer you left there a little dissapointed. You are getting so close though! Glad your BP is back to normal. I didn't have problems with mine until after I had the babies and is now on medication until my 6 pp appointment.
  • I'm glad everything is going well!  My feet and ankles were really swollen too.  It sucked. 
  • I didn't get an internal @ 37w, I was told that I'd likely have little progress from the previous week. But I really think she was afraid it would put me in labor, because she told me there were no open beds in L&D that day if I would happen to go over the weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"