2nd Trimester
Options

Dear Coworkers,

You do realize that I am pregnant, not turning into a fat walrus, correct?  It baffles me that you share your new weight-loss tips with me, then suggest I implement them.  For example, telling me that all of my water-drinking won't help me lose weight.  der, I'm trying to make amniotic fluid, not drop the L-Bs.

& I find it rather humorous that you remind me that there is a high-impact cardio staff exercise class that meets 3x per week.  & when I smile & say that I'll join in November, you suggest that there is "no time like the present!"

Or when I pick up a little meatball at a staff party, you lean over & whisper, "Do you know how many calories are in those?"  Yes, I do.  & thank God I get an extra 300 calories per day.

Please notice that I am only gaining weight in one very obvious region of my body, but roughly staying the same size everywhere else.

Sincerely,
Harrison's Management Team

Re: Dear Coworkers,

• Options
    I would be slapping some people at this point. Smile
  • Options
    You have some very passive agressive co-workers.  And I always thought drinking lots of water does help with weight loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! ?I will personally throat punch each and everyone one of these people for you!
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well put  Big Smile 

• Options

Oooh, I would punch a b!tch!

Mmm... meatballs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Its time to go ninja on someone's a** . lol
  • Options

imagekokomama:
    You have some very passive agressive co-workers.  And I always thought drinking lots of water does help with weight loss.

apparently some dude got on Oprah the other day & said that was false.  My coworkers are all a-buzz with the news.

but you know, water is still healthier than that diet soda Hmm

• Options

What is wrong with people???!! I wouldn't even make those suggestions to someone who wasn't pregnant!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow I don't know how you haven't exploded on someone yet! I would have let loose on someone by now haha! But that's me...maybe that's why no one has said anything to me yet...
  • Options
    WTF is wrong with people. Does everyone need  throatpunch??
  • Options

Do we share the same coworkers? Mine have seen the ultrasounds photos, but still give me diet advice. Tongue Tied It is ridiculous, time to smack some people. Smile

http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Options
    seriously?!  You are still tiny with a belly... sheesh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You crack me up...I love your letter! ?some people just need to get a clue. Have your co workers heard of babies or pregnancy. ?Did that not dawn on them!
  • Options

One of my co-workers in particular seems to love giving me healthy eating and weight loss tips...  Mind you she is an extremely heavy woman who claims to have tried everything under the sun to lose weight as she sits here stuffing her fat face all day, and I mean ALL day long.  Her biggest technique is a new soap that helps you drop pounds and eating a plate of Splenda with some fruit somewhere under it as her 3rd breakfast each day... Yep - she's one of those ladies.... This is the person who has something to say about every single thing I eat every day and how I'm never going to be able to take the baby weight off if I keep up my eating habits...  As in yesterday when I was eating steamed veggies and rice for lunch and she asked me if I was ever going to start eating healthy for this baby. She's never been pregnant and the only weight she has managed to lose in the last 3 years was when she had her boobs cut off 2 years ago. I have resorted to just letting my slightly hormonal side take her on when she starts on me.  I'm in my 5th month, started at 111 pounds and I'm now 120 pounds. and completely over listening to her advice. I hope your co-workers wise up, if mine doesn't I might let my psycho preggo self loose on her soon...

• Options
    imagenicolebuchalla:

Do we share the same coworkers? Mine have seen the ultrasounds photos, but still give me diet advice. Tongue Tied It is ridiculous, time to smack some people. Smile

holy crap, I least I can give mine the benefit of ignorance.

But dude, do they think I wear these hideous maternity shirts for FUN?  Surely not.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:
    imagenicolebuchalla:

holy crap, I least I can give mine the benefit of ignorance.

But dude, do they think I wear these hideous maternity shirts for FUN?  Surely not.

Hah! I feel semi-cute today in the ONE cute maternity shirt I've found so far. And if nothing else, they will realize soon enough that they are stupid, because soon enough you'll have a noticeable belly!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Options
    Could you please copy and paste this and send it out to the staff email list? Pleeeeeease???? :)
  • Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

Or when I pick up a little meatball at a staff party, you lean over & whisper, "Do you know how many calories are in those?"  Yes, I do.  & thank God I get an extra 300 calories per day.

That's when you smile and keep your mouth shut. Then later on, you lie to those same women about how many calories are in the carrot and celery sticks with dip they just ate at the office party. (or some other lie like that so that they work out extra hard to make up for "over-eating")

Karma works wonders. It will come back to your co-irkers at some point.

• Options
    Lol.  My coworkers have the opposite problem.  So far this morning, I have had doughnuts and a fruit platter shoved in my general direction with some pointed looks and talks of chocolate dipping sauce.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options

This morning, I texted the lady who works next to me in the next cubicle and convinced her to stop by Publix to pick up donuts.....yummmmmmmm.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

You do realize that I am pregnant, not turning into a fat walrus, correct?  It baffles me that you share your new weight-loss tips with me, then suggest I implement them.  For example, telling me that all of my water-drinking won't help me lose weight.  der, I'm trying to make amniotic fluid, not drop the L-Bs.

& I find it rather humorous that you remind me that there is a high-impact cardio staff exercise class that meets 3x per week.  & when I smile & say that I'll join in November, you suggest that there is "no time like the present!"

Please notice that I am only gaining weight in one very obvious region of my body, but roughly staying the same size everywhere else.

Sincerely,

wow, where the hell do you work?! i would find it harder and harder each day not to hurt them all.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

Sincerely,

wow, where the hell do you work?! i would find it harder and harder each day not to hurt them all.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

I'd say, "Oh, you're right!" and throw 3-4 more on my plate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    These posts make me so thankful every day that I work at home and do not HAVE to go into an office every day. UUUGH.  I would f-ing go nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"