Working Moms
Options

F/U re the dad who always brings the stroller and shoes hoes in the infant room

The director talked to him and his wife about it and they cut out bringing the stroller into the room, but he still keeps wearing his shoes!!  DH saw him on Tuesday and was going to say something, but his daughter was almost launching herself at him and DH didn't have the heart to interupt.  I saw him  last night and I found the director in another room and told her and she was going in to the suite to talk to him when I walked out.  I feel a little petty, but seriously - why can't you take off your fricking shoes???  Do you not get that there are little babies on this floor all day long???  And, the thing is, its not an unconscious oversight - he knows the rules, he's just decided they don't apply to him.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: F/U re the dad who always brings the stroller and shoes hoes in the infant room

• Options
    I think you should leave a box of those shoe covers that repair men wear on his car. If he won't take his shoes off, at least cover them up!  Stick out tongue
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    Maybe he has funky feet.  Seriously though - that would really bug me too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope - not petty!  In one of my parenting magazines, they said that a majority (vast majority) of dirt that comes into the house is what is tracked in our on shoes.

We don't wear shoes in our house.  I have to CONSTANTLY remind my FIL of that.  You'd think after 12 years of being with his son, he'd know by now!

• Options
    This dad sounds "special." And it's not petty. If he doesn't like the rules, find a new daycare!
  • Options
    jlw2505jlw2505 member
    My daycare leaves those shoe cover things outside both the infant and the busy baby rooms and yes, its a pain in the butt but heck - its the rules so you follow them! Does your daycare have those for parents?
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

imagemadhatter2003:
    I think you should leave a box of those shoe covers that repair men wear on his car. If he won't take his shoes off, at least cover them up!  Stick out tongue

Ditto this.  I cannot tell you what a PITA it was for me to take my boots off this winter when I went to pick my DD up.  And, for some reason, they could never put her coat with her lunch so that I just needed to step one foot inside (although, I could have asked and never did).  

I would recommend this, since I especially think that walking around in bare feet in the summer is just as bad.

• Options
    imageDallasHorn:

Nope - not petty!  In one of my parenting magazines, they said that a majority (vast majority) of dirt that comes into the house is what is tracked in our on shoes.

We don't wear shoes in our house.  I have to CONSTANTLY remind my FIL of that.  You'd think after 12 years of being with his son, he'd know by now!

I have to remind my FIL too! I wouldn't feel bad about it, you are doing other babies a favor too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"