Orange County Babies
Options

Poll: Daycare and diapers

I'm working on my budget and I would like a better idea of how much our monthly cost would be for Orange County and surrounding area for 1 infant (daycare and diapers).

[Poll]

Re: Poll: Daycare and diapers

• Options

I think daycares will vary depending on location and type.  I've mostly looked at daycares (not in home) and found the price varies from $300-$350 per week. This was in the Aliso Viejo/Laguna Niguel/Costa Mesa area.  I know some girls pay less than that, but live in north county (I think).

Most daycares will ONLY take infants on a full-time basis, so you're paying the full weekly tuition no matter how many days your child is at the center.  Also, for weeks you dont need childcare, you still have to pay the tuition to hold your child's spot.  -some will make you pay only half tuition though.

• Options
    Thank you AsianPrncssKim. My next question was re: Summer months. as my H is a teacher but you just answered it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our daycare provider (in-home) works with mostly teachers, so her hours are geared more toward that (7AM-5 PM) and she does allow teachers to keep their kids out over the summer. But she charges a $400 holding fee to hold their spot until the Fall. This is probably unusual since she sort of prefers to cater to teachers.  Our provider charges more for children up to the age of 2 (infant rates).  Provides breakfast (if you want and arrive early enough), lunch, and snacks -- all included in the cost. 
  • Options
    It's fairly common to charge a holding fee.  I do the same thing for all my teachers (even though I'm preschool and not a daycare).  I think I have 8 families pulling for the summer because one or both parents teach.  They get charged a $100 holding fee ... I think I need to up that! hahaha

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"