South Florida Babies

Jon and Kate +8

Anyone watch this show? I am a sucker for reality shows so of course I am watching.

It is crazy what is happening to their family.....the season finale was so telling. They are so distant with each other.

I didn't realize Jon quit his job...and I am so drooling over their house. It's huge!  

I heard they ordered 40 more episodes...

Re: Jon and Kate +8

• We were actually talking about it on Tuesday on the regular SoFla board. It's so crazy :( I've been watching them for a few seasons and I'm in love with the kids. I can't STAND Kate. Neither of them have been working for a few years now (just living off the proceeds of the show). It's going to be so interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out. I don't know how they are going to film 39 more episodes with them at each other's throats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes I am intrigued on how things are going to play out (sounds so bad to say since that is someon's life). I heard they get 25-50 grand and then 75,000 an episode (Yes I watch way to much insider and entertainment shows as I cook) lol

Kate seems to be drawn to the money and lifestyle and I feel bad for Jon. The kids are sooo cute. I love Hannah :) the twins....ehhh not so much lol  

• Loading the player...
  • If you look at Kate from the early episodes to now she is a completely different person.  Just two years ago she was a frumpy, sleep deprived mom, who almost every mother watching could relate to and we tuned in to see how she dealt with caring for 8 babies all at the same time.  Now she earns 4 million dollars a year, lives in a 1.3 million dollar house, wears designer clothes to go to Party City and has a personal chef, a nanny, a bunch of housekeepers and a body guard. Seriously, what is the show about now? Watching a bunch of rich kids and their spoiled mom parade around to the mall????

I can really see why Jon would want out.  I doubt this was the direction he saw his life taking.

• imageANJ410:

If you look at Kate from the early episodes to now she is a completely different person.  Just two years ago she was a frumpy, sleep deprived mom, who almost every mother watching could relate to and we tuned in to see how she dealt with caring for 8 babies all at the same time.  Now she earns 4 million dollars a year, lives in a 1.3 million dollar house, wears designer clothes to go to Party City and has a personal chef, a nanny, a bunch of housekeepers and a body guard. Seriously, what is the show about now? Watching a bunch of rich kids and their spoiled mom parade around to the mall????

I can really see why Jon would want out.  I doubt this was the direction he saw his life taking.

Exactly! I think that magazine cover that said "From Mom to Monster" and showed pictures of her from the beginning and then now, really sums it up. I think she totally let all the money and perks go totally to her head. And don't even get me started on how she treats her husband like a child and is constantly berating him and disrespecting him left and right.

They both admitted on the show that Kate has basically made a career out of her semi-celebrity status. She spends 20-something days out of the month away from home, just traveling all around the country and doing book signings, speaking engagements, interviews, etc. Jon is the one who stays home with the kids. Of course, he has "help," but he is still the one there physically day in and day out having that face time with his kids.

I get that they started on this whole journey as a way to provide for their kids, and I don't blame them for that, because it's not easy to find the means to raise eight children. But I really think it's gone above and beyond that at this point. I think any child would rather have a happy mom and dad who actually spends time with them over living in a million dollar mansion and going on 3 free vacations a year.

I loooove Alexis and Collin :) I really think they are all such sweet kids but if the parents don't get their act together, they are going to suffer some major damage (if they haven't already).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kate is definetly not the same person she was in the first few seasons. She is completely different...

I don't blame Jon for wanting out at this point. He expressed last season that he didn't want to do this anymore, but yet here we are watching another season! I can't believe that they are actually still on tv considering that their marriage is falling apart! Wouldn't you want some privacy at this point?

• the show has turned into a major train wreck

i have been talking about this since the season premiere. i stopped watching at season 4 when i saw they moved into the big house and it was all about trips and freebies, but i got hooked again at the whole scandal.

i dont think neither of them are thinking of the children at this point - very sad since its a grand total of 8 kids lol

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He has totally checked out of their relationship and she... lets not even go there. This family is lost and it is so sad to watch. She has had no consideration for what her husband wants. Your husband is your partner he created those wonderful babies with you. All she says is that her life is about her kids what about your family and what about what your kids want?
  • Call me crazy but I'm seeing things from another point of view. Yes, Kate is nuts and can be harsh with Jon but that does not excuse Jon for his actions either. You can't blame her for his actions. If he was unhappy with her ways, he should've never married her or followed through with having a family. I say this because since the beginning of their show, she has always had an obsessive and over the top personality. Most marriages fall apart due to people changing along the way. In their situation it doesn't seem that way plus he has never mentioned it either. He clearly stated on an interview that he got married and had children at an early age and that is why he is recently making poor decisions that he regrets. Sorry but you don't start living it up after you decided to have 8 children. He definitely owns up to his mistakes now but I'm sure if one of your husbands had a woman in the back yard of your home sun bathing, while you were out working, it wouldn't be a pretty picture. Pictures have proven this already.

They are like many couples in this world, complete opposites. I just can't see that his shy and childlike ways, justifies him as a good guy. Kate is a handful for sure and seriously needs to tone her damn attitude down a ton of notches but one thing you can't take from her is the fact that her children come first. Hell I see most couples with 1 or 2 kids ripping their hair out and here she is organizing, cooking healthy homemade meals, educating, treating her children as individuals and providing nothing but love to them...yet she is not doing enough? Like the card game, I call B*llsh!t. I won't even begin speaking about how Jon didn't seem to lift a finger for his kids 5th birthday party. Set a side their personal problems, your children come first and you do what you need to do for their happiness. Again I state that Jon is about "him" right now and not his family. If Kate going out to make money for her family is a bad thing, then I guess all women who work are a disgrace to their families. (Obviously I'm being sarcastic) Though I do admit that what they are paying them is just outrageous and Kate has taken her own diva status to a different level. I just can't hate on the woman for wanting to feel good about herself but the body guards and all the assistants is WAY TOO MUCH even for an Oprah level. Come on now...your a normal human being. Reality show or not, being a mother comes first. JMHO

• imagemiamicubajam:

Call me crazy but I'm seeing things from another point of view. Yes, Kate is nuts and can be harsh with Jon but that does not excuse Jon for his actions either. You can't blame her for his actions. If he was unhappy with her ways, he should've never married her or followed through with having a family. I say this because since the beginning of their show, she has always had an obsessive and over the top personality. Most marriages fall apart due to people changing along the way. In their situation it doesn't seem that way plus he has never mentioned it either. He clearly stated on an interview that he got married and had children at an early age and that is why he is recently making poor decisions that he regrets. Sorry but you don't start living it up after you decided to have 8 children. He definitely owns up to his mistakes now but I'm sure if one of your husbands had a woman in the back yard of your home sun bathing, while you were out working, it wouldn't be a pretty picture. Pictures have proven this already.

They are like many couples in this world, complete opposites. I just can't see that his shy and childlike ways, justifies him as a good guy. Kate is a handful for sure and seriously needs to tone her damn attitude down a ton of notches but one thing you can't take from her is the fact that her children come first. Hell I see most couples with 1 or 2 kids ripping their hair out and here she is organizing, cooking healthy homemade meals, educating, treating her children as individuals and providing nothing but love to them...yet she is not doing enough? Like the card game, I call B*llsh!t. I won't even begin speaking about how Jon didn't seem to lift a finger for his kids 5th birthday party. Set a side their personal problems, your children come first and you do what you need to do for their happiness. Again I state that Jon is about "him" right now and not his family. If Kate going out to make money for her family is a bad thing, then I guess all women who work are a disgrace to their families. (Obviously I'm being sarcastic) Though I do admit that what they are paying them is just outrageous and Kate has taken her own diva status to a different level. I just can't hate on the woman for wanting to feel good about herself but the body guards and all the assistants is WAY TOO MUCH even for an Oprah level. Come on now...your a normal human being. Reality show or not, being a mother comes first. JMHO

I agree. I noticed that in Jon's confessional, when he described the party, he said, "THEY had bounce houses and stuff" as if he had nothing to do with the party at all, like he was just a guest. Kate however was still on top on everything that needed to be done. She gets a lot of flack for being too controlling, but her controlling nature is what has kept everything going for so long.

• imagetaxbride:
    imagemiamicubajam:

Call me crazy but I'm seeing things from another point of view. Yes, Kate is nuts and can be harsh with Jon but that does not excuse Jon for his actions either. You can't blame her for his actions. If he was unhappy with her ways, he should've never married her or followed through with having a family. I say this because since the beginning of their show, she has always had an obsessive and over the top personality. Most marriages fall apart due to people changing along the way. In their situation it doesn't seem that way plus he has never mentioned it either. He clearly stated on an interview that he got married and had children at an early age and that is why he is recently making poor decisions that he regrets. Sorry but you don't start living it up after you decided to have 8 children. He definitely owns up to his mistakes now but I'm sure if one of your husbands had a woman in the back yard of your home sun bathing, while you were out working, it wouldn't be a pretty picture. Pictures have proven this already.

I agree. I noticed that in Jon's confessional, when he described the party, he said, "THEY had bounce houses and stuff" as if he had nothing to do with the party at all, like he was just a guest. Kate however was still on top on everything that needed to be done. She gets a lot of flack for being too controlling, but her controlling nature is what has kept everything going for so long.

I 100% agree with both of you! I couldn't believe he took some "me" time while his wife had to plan their children's party. Kids come first not matter what! They've both contributed to the problems in their marriage, but you put those feelings aside to take care of the kids. I thought Jon looked like an ass this episode. (But I was pissed to see Kate treating him like one of the kids at the party.)

• I love this show and it was so sad and?depressing?to watch a family in that situation.

While I do not agree that Kate treated Jon like a piece of ***, I can't feel bad for him since he is and was a man when he married her. I mean, if my husband and I talk to each other in a way we don't like it, we talk about it and say something ....you just don't sit there and hide your head between your pants for people to go like Ohhhh...poor Jon...Kate is a ***. NO, you act like a man and ask for respect. He had his moments of being?disrespectful?as well. ?

?Now, in reference to what's going on now, I think that they both signed this contract and they both are guilty of what's going on and nothing, nothing gives a parter the right to go out and start acting out because you no longer like the situation that you and no one else put yourself in. This shows a lot of?immaturity?from him.?It's like hello...you have 8 kids and need to think about them so stop thinking with your pants.

I tend to disagree when people say that they do not work, on the contrary I think they work hard and?unfortunately?maybe this line of work added more problems to the marriage ( I do not blame this show 100% about their failure its obvious they have a?communication?problem even from the?beginning). They saw an opportunity to provide a better life for?their?kids and took it (both of them).

I also, wonder if because of a signed contract they can't back out of it. I mean, who would want the whole world to see you like that plus your kids.?

And ohhh....I hope not to realized in the future that this could be just a marketing strategy because that would be so wrong from both of them. I saw a very sad little girl who doesn't give a damn about all this but her mom and dad right now. Did you guys read how many millions tuned in on Monday????? This drama is making a lot of people curious hence rating are very high.?

To be honest, the previous from next week look?depressing?to me as well....I am not sure I want to keep watching but curiosity killed the cat so I will probably watch. ?

• imageYapYap0813:
    imagetaxbride:
    imagemiamicubajam:

I 100% agree with both of you! I couldn't believe he took some "me" time while his wife had to plan their children's party. Kids come first not matter what! They've both contributed to the problems in their marriage, but you put those feelings aside to take care of the kids. I thought Jon looked like an ass this episode. (But I was pissed to see Kate treating him like one of the kids at the party.)

I have to completely agree!! I wonder if the viewers liked Jon more would he be the one traveling more?? And if that was true, would Kate feel like she's getting the short end of the stick?? B/c basically that's what Jon said, "I quit my job to stay home w/the kids".  Ok, how many times a day do moms leave their work to be SAHMs????  I think Jon is being pretty selfish himself.  He should have known better prior to the decisions he made to be seen public with another woman and drunk!!!!

As for Kate, well yeah she's def a diva.  But seriously, wouldn't any parent love to have assistants helping them through their daily routine.  Gosh...I know several parents who have nannies and either the mom or dad stay at home.  So I don't think that's a big deal.  About the body guards...ok this might be a little insane but we also don't know if they have received threats or if she has received threats.  Maybe its something she didn't ask for maybe its something that the company must do (legal purposes to prevent anything from happening). 

And if they still go on w/the show...the ratings obvoiusly prove that ppl like the show.  And they might have a contract they really can't get out of.  But...if for any reason they could get out of the show, do you think it would really matter at this point??? I mean what's been done is done, is Jon going to tell her I'll stay if we quit the show??  Is she going to think OK, I'll quit and totally forget i was humiliated by this guy cheating.  Maybe they are already 100% of the divorce even if the show doesn't go on...and see it as we want to give our kids the most possible so we'll stay.  I personally don't know what I'd do in that situation.

• What I find to be hilarious is the fact the Jon went out to buy a sports car and didn't tell his wife anything. Can we say mid life crisis? Like most men that want to feel like they "still have it". Hmmm....meeting young girls, drinking at bars, buying a sports car, leaving his family for his own wants, etc.
  • TayLynnTayLynn member
    imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    imageANJ410:

If you look at Kate from the early episodes to now she is a completely different person.  Just two years ago she was a frumpy, sleep deprived mom, who almost every mother watching could relate to and we tuned in to see how she dealt with caring for 8 babies all at the same time.  Now she earns 4 million dollars a year, lives in a 1.3 million dollar house, wears designer clothes to go to Party City and has a personal chef, a nanny, a bunch of housekeepers and a body guard. Seriously, what is the show about now? Watching a bunch of rich kids and their spoiled mom parade around to the mall????

Exactly! I think that magazine cover that said "From Mom to Monster" and showed pictures of her from the beginning and then now, really sums it up. I think she totally let all the money and perks go totally to her head. And don't even get me started on how she treats her husband like a child and is constantly berating him and disrespecting him left and right.

They both admitted on the show that Kate has basically made a career out of her semi-celebrity status. She spends 20-something days out of the month away from home, just traveling all around the country and doing book signings, speaking engagements, interviews, etc. Jon is the one who stays home with the kids. Of course, he has "help," but he is still the one there physically day in and day out having that face time with his kids.

I get that they started on this whole journey as a way to provide for their kids, and I don't blame them for that, because it's not easy to find the means to raise eight children. But I really think it's gone above and beyond that at this point. I think any child would rather have a happy mom and dad who actually spends time with them over living in a million dollar mansion and going on 3 free vacations a year.

I loooove Alexis and Collin :) I really think they are all such sweet kids but if the parents don't get their act together, they are going to suffer some major damage (if they haven't already).

Yes!  I feel really sorry for Jon. 

Then there are the kids.  I know they are benefiting from having that kind of money and being able to experience things that they otherwise wouldn't (remember the beach and snow skiing trips?) but what is the true cost to their family?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"